Can I gush a little?

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
jfugina

Re: Can I gush a little?

Post by jfugina »

:lol: Pam - I hope you enjoy what you get. I too have spent more on less. I wasn't trying to convince people to join - just rejoicing that I finally found something that fits me. I've never had my own style - I've always worked off of sketches or CASEing or kit instructions. And these page kits seem to produce the results I've liked the best so far for my family and my photos.

I got the February kits this week, and the Hall of Fame kit has a title embellishment that reads "Family Traditions". The layout calls for 8 photos, and I immediately went around and photographed:

1. Nicole's homework on the kitchen table (Mondays)
2. Nicole in her girl scout sash (Tuesdays)
3. Nicole's piano bag (Wednesdays)
4. Jake playing a video game (he's only allowed electronic games on "green" days at school)
5. Rob's PC (he plays Eve Online - Every. Single. Night.)
6. My scrap table ('nuff said)
7. The popcorn machine on the bar (usually one night of the weekend is spent in the theater)
8. The board game cabinet (if it's not movie night, it might be Catan night)

This will be my first layout for 2013. This has pretty much been our weekly routine for this entire school year.

The February Generations kit is very red and pink and all about V-Day. I don't usually photograph that occasion, but this year, I'll be making a point of it, so that I can use that kit. The February SS kit (which I won't get until March, to save on shipping) has more V-day themed layouts, so maybe I need to take LOTS of Valentine photos. :-) Not one single other kit I was subscribed to made me want to go out and take photos to fit the pages.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Trixie wrote:Julie,

I am glad you like SG. I have been using their sketches for several years. If I didn't have so much stash I would probably order their kits. I used an old CS kit the other day with a Scrapbook Generation sketch. It didn't work so well because the CS kit (Infusions??? the tea one) didn't have enough patterned paper to make it pop. I learned from the attempt, tho. I am so glad you SG.

Judy
I had to stop using the printed side of the CS cardstock a while back, because I found that the designs I liked best called for patterned papers with much smaller, repeated patterns. I've been able to use some of the CS "prints" as background cardstock, but it's tough. You can't substitute a 12x12 image for patterned paper and make it look right - it just doesn't work.

My next move is to download the rest of the sketch books. I got #1 for Christmas, and I downloaded #7 before Christmas. So I'm going to get 2-5 and 8 - maybe just one new one per month. I wish they had the one-page vol 2 as a download. I've used a lot of sketches from vol 1 already.
Julie Fugina
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Julie - I do value the opinions of my PAO sisters highly, but I also looked at the kits and LOs on their site as well as what's been posted here. I love what I've seen and I think that this club will help me brighten up what I've been doing considerably.

And Rob plays Eve? So does Chris - incessantly. I wonder if they're in the same corp? :lol: Wouldn't that be a stitch?
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pbp908 wrote:Julie - I do value the opinions of my PAO sisters highly, but I also looked at the kits and LOs on their site as well as what's been posted here. I love what I've seen and I think that this club will help me brighten up what I've been doing considerably.

And Rob plays Eve? So does Chris - incessantly. I wonder if they're in the same corp? :lol: Wouldn't that be a stitch?
I'm not sure there's any other way to go about Eve other than incessantly. :roll: I swear, he comes home with the kids, gets them fed, and disappears. That's an every single night thing, unless I specifically tell him that I need him to do something - like help Nicole with homework. Otherwise, he's in his office playing until midnight. Oh, and this consumes the bulk of his weekends too, unless I tell him I want us to all go out. He has no room to argue - he gets more than enough play time away from the rest of us.

The group of people he plays with - there's someone in Arizona, someone in New Jersey, I think, and someone in Switzerland? Those are the people he talks about anyway. Who the heck knows. All I remember is that at one point they figured out that the geographic center of everyone in their corp was somewhere in boondocks Missouri, south of St. Louis. Of course Rob thought a meet-up at the geographic center was a swell idea. :roll:
Julie Fugina
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

jfugina wrote:
pbp908 wrote:Julie - I do value the opinions of my PAO sisters highly, but I also looked at the kits and LOs on their site as well as what's been posted here. I love what I've seen and I think that this club will help me brighten up what I've been doing considerably.

I'm not sure there's any other way to go about Eve other than incessantly. :roll: I swear, he comes home with the kids, gets them fed, and disappears. That's an every single night thing, unless I specifically tell him that I need him to do something - like help Nicole with homework. Otherwise, he's in his office playing until midnight. Oh, and this consumes the bulk of his weekends too, unless I tell him I want us to all go out. He has no room to argue - he gets more than enough play time away from the rest of us.

The group of people he plays with - there's someone in Arizona, someone in New Jersey, I think, and someone in Switzerland? Those are the people he talks about anyway. Who the heck knows. All I remember is that at one point they figured out that the geographic center of everyone in their corp was somewhere in boondocks Missouri, south of St. Louis. Of course Rob thought a meet-up at the geographic center was a swell idea. :roll:

MEN!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Actually, I was thinking it sounds quite a bit like us here at PAO! words like "incessantly", "disappears until midnight", "playtime", "meetup".......... :tomato: :tomato:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

mpizzazz wrote:Actually, I was thinking it sounds quite a bit like us here at PAO! words like "incessantly", "disappears until midnight", "playtime", "meetup".......... :tomato: :tomato:
I hadn't thought of it that way, but you're absolutely right! :shock:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

You surely are mistaken, not us! :D
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Debbie J wrote:You surely are mistaken, not us! :D
Well, definitely not you, Deb ;)
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

nope...we are perfect :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :anyone:
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Um, let me 'splain about EVE. If I spent as much time at my scrap table as Rob spends at his PC playing EVE,

1. There would not have been a single load of laundry done in the last year
2. Our family would have eaten nothing but fast food for the last year
3. I'd weigh 500 lbs because of fast food and no movement in my day
4. Every dish we own would be dirty and piled by the sink, and there'd be a monthly stop at a Walgreens for paper plates and plastic cups
5. We'd be kicked out of our house because no one would have paid a single bill in over a year.
6. Nicole wouldn't be in girl scouts because the troop would have disbanded due to lack of leadership.

Seriously... my husband does NOTHING else. He goes to work, he comes home and gets the kids fed, and he plays EVE. Unless I specifically ask him to do something, he doesn't budge from his computer. He takes his computer when we're traveling, and as soon as we get to the hotel, he gets on his laptop.

So I have to disagree - an EVE obsession is far more severe than a PAO obsession. :lol:
Julie Fugina
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I have a friend at work that is that way with Farmville!! Egads! He lives for it, the way he talks you would think he actually had to REALLY harvest crops after he works 12 hours!!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Exactly Deb. Last weekend, when I wanted Rob to come with the kids and me to the YMCA pool, he said "OK, I just need to go make a delivery and then I'll get in the shower". The delivery (or jump or battle or whatever) was something that HAD to be done before he could go anywhere. Really? And there's times he doesn't come to bed until 2am because the battle wasn't over yet. Oy. Then he wonders why he's so much more susceptible to getting sick than anyone else in our house. :roll:
Julie Fugina