well, I finally did it!!!!!

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
Ruth Ann Landry

well, I finally did it!!!!!

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

cancelled my CS membership today. I was going to do it last month and put it off for too long so I will get the Nov, kit....went to look at preview..and seeing it helped me to make the decision to do it today! ....thought i'd be a little sad, but i'm not...it's been coming for a long time and i haven't even opened the last three boxes...i learned a lot there, got started there, but have grown in a completely different direction...that, and i have enough CS paper to scrap what i scrap for the rest of my life without buying another single sheet of paper! onward and forward............
ChristyB

Re: well, I finally did it!!!!!

Post by ChristyB »

Welcome to the world of former CS members.
We are a welcoming bunch :lol:
Ruth Ann Landry

truth be told...i left that 'world' a long time ago...havent been on message board or shopping in more than a year...prob closer to 2....just used the paper and the ALSB directions since then.....ahhhhhhhh, i feel ok!
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

I quit several years ago and have never regretted it. Loved the paper and stamps, but like you have enough for a lifetime.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
Monica

Post by Monica »

It feels good once you've taken that first step.... ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary. First couple of months were a little painful, but rarely go to the sight these days. Congrats RA, now you can spend that money elsewhere....
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Ohhhhhh.... I wish I could! I keep quitting, then I get sucked back in! Last month's kit I loved, so I stayed on, and figured this month would be a doozy,... not so much :( I have to see it in person, but I really don't think I like it :( I keep going through withdrawals when I'm not there...

But on another note, I did order some cricut cartridges and got more stamps and paper from Gina K Designs, for Christmas cards ;)
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm still sort of active on the CS forum, but have resisted signing back up.... even though all of Orient Express is right up my alley and I want everything from that month. They would wait to release a kit I've been hoping for for years AFTER I quit. *pouting* But I was a good girl and didn't sign back up. I was trying to avoid buying anything from them for six months, but the music box from Retreat is the perfect Christmas gift for one of my nieces... and once I have directions I'll just need to find more music box components to make more. Other than that, though, I've been good. And I've really enjoyed stretching myself with scrapping! You'll enjoy the freedom, RA....
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:happy94:
Except for a couple of people who post there exclusively, all my online friends were here anyway. I'll admit that I stuck with CS long past my interest in their products. Two episodes of being treated rudely by their "designer/moderators" (and I use those terms loosely) and I was outta there.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I missed getting a box for a few months, but found other ways to make sure that goodies were coming in. ;) I think my dogs missed the Fed Ex lady more than I missed getting a delivery - she always kept a supply of dog biscuits handy. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Well, this thread made me curious so I went over and looked at the Nov. kit. I have to say, in all honesty, that if I were still a member I wouldn't be after today.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

pbp908 wrote:Well, this thread made me curious so I went over and looked at the Nov. kit. I have to say, in all honesty, that if I were still a member I wouldn't be after today.
I know.. that's where I'm stuck... it's been every other kit.... this one just looks like adobe and the other ones that they've had, and I'm really not thrilled with it.... but CZ was beautiful.... sigh .....
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

It's been about ten months since I cancelled my subscription and I don't regret it at all. In fact, now I actually use the paper that I was hoarding for so many, many years. I really thought I would miss the stamps --- nope, not so much.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Ruth Ann Landry

well,what has made the decision for me easier is that I downsized my kit about a year ago and quit with the stamps and POPs altogether..i really wasn't using them except for maybe the occasional ALSB page...and i have prob a couple hundred stamps in the house...enough to do whatever i do in the future...actually...truthfully, i have about 20-30 stamps that i use and the rest i "own....or they own me"...but I'm doing a scrap makeover program with MCC and plan on really, really downsizing when more important household projects are done....there will be a MAJOR cleaning out of supplies in this household...gonna purge of ALL things I don't use.......and a lot of those stamps will go.......
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

:happywave: congrats to you Ruth Ann.

I have been a CS member for a very long time, and I also have a TON of product...waiting to be used.

I just can't seem to leave CS, it's a strange relationship. I'm the kid on the outside looking in. Kinda like that square peg trying to fit into a round hole. I know my time is coming in regards to CS...

I did go to my 1st retreat in Oct..so I have fulfilled that curiosity.

But I digress...again, you are a strong woman Ruth Ann!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA