I caved and joined Swirlydoos!

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
Monica

I caved and joined Swirlydoos!

Post by Monica »

And since some of you were the enablers on this, can someone take pity on me and post more pictures of the June kit I missed out on? That was the final straw for me... I would have loved to play with this month's kit and project!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
4nancie

Re: I caved and joined Swirlydoos!

Post by 4nancie »

Where is the link I want to seel
Paula

Post by Paula »

Monica wrote:And since some of you were the enablers on this, can someone take pity on me and post more pictures of the June kit I missed out on? That was the final straw for me... I would have loved to play with this month's kit and project!

Monica
I just keep drooling at that site!! I'm green :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Monica

Post by Monica »

http://www.swirlydoos.com I so wanted this month's project!! Really badly!

Monica
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

You are totally lucky you got in. There is now a waiting for kits now with no new subscriptions available for at least 6 months.

I can't wait to see what you start creating
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

ChristyB wrote:There is now a waiting for kits now with no new subscriptions available for at least 6 months.
Yikes...that's a bit of time.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I've just gotten on the waiting list. I have been thinking about this for ages. Don't know that I will be able to get all their extras however.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Wow - I had no idea about the waiting list! I didn't get the June kit - I sent Krissy an e-mail requesting a sabbatical until I was able to use up some of the stuff I already had. And I do love the stuff she sends, and it's stuff that I'd never buy at the store, but I'm glad to have it when I want it. But I have got to use up (or give away) something in order to make room for more.

I still have full member access to the forum, and she said she'd put my subscription "on hold". So I wonder now if I'd have to go on a waiting list, or if I'd just be able to pick it up again. I figure I need to be back in a mode where I'm using at least as much paper as I'm bringing in each month before I can justify that subscription again. Perhaps the waiting list will be a blessing in disguise for me.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm just happy to find another kit club that I have options with, that also fits my current style and need for new goodies on a monthly basis. ;) I probably will not be more than a lurker in the forum area, as I already spend so much of my time here and a bit at the CS forum. It's been 5 years since I joined CS, and I feel the need for a change, you know?

Monica
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Monica wrote:It's been 5 years since I joined CS, and I feel the need for a change, you know?
Yeah, I do. I've been there since 2002, and I'm over due for a change. :lol:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I just got notice that I will be getting the July kit. I have been with CS for a long time and have a lot of their stuff to use up. May even cave and get a paper kit but it is time for a change and I really need to use what I have.

Question Christy, most of their layouts have only one photo. There is no way I can do only one on a page because of the number of photos I have. I really haven't checked out the gallery much but does anyone use more than one on a page. What extras are the best to get.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

troublesmom wrote:
Question Christy, most of their layouts have only one photo. There is no way I can do only one on a page because of the number of photos I have. I really haven't checked out the gallery much but does anyone use more than one on a page. What extras are the best to get.

I get the extra cardstock, embellishment, and technique/ project add ons (this one alternates between techniques and projects)
The main kits come with lots of embellishments as is. It really depends on what you wind up doing. You might want to get a kit first and see all that's in it and go from there.
I probably don't need the extra cardstock--I use a lot of my old CS paper with them

While a lot of the layouts only have one pic there are also lots with more, even double page layouts.
SD has their gallery, you can also go to scrapbook.com and in the gallery just type Swirlydoos. Lots of people put layouts there too.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I've been thinking I will probably add the flowers and Pattern paper, I have tons of CS and SU card stock so don't think I will add that. Been thinking about the Embellishment add on also. That would probably be it for a while.

I am really using a lot of my CS kits and getting them put together. I have to get some of these photos down on paper before these grands are adults :lol:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I get the kit and the project/technique add on and it is a TON of stuff!!
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm thinking of adding on the project/techniqur, but I certainly have plenty of cardstock to use up already. I think the embellishments that come iwth the main kit would be enough for me at this point, and may even help to use up some of the stash I have. After getting this month's kit from CS, I'm happier than ever that I decided to make the switch. And I'm honestly surprised that several people on their forum have expressed their dislike of the digital-looking kits, since I so very seldom see anything like that posted! :)

Can't wait to get July's Swirlydoos!!

Monica