Blue Moon scrap kit....

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
Ruth Ann Landry

Blue Moon scrap kit....

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

In my quest for different kit clubs for here, I "bit the bullet" (LOL) and bought a kit to see the quality of it...this one is from Blue Moon and I can't complain...It was $55 and no shipping cost...here are the contents:
1. the papers...8 sheets in cardstock and text weight...most double sided..one flocked and the ninth is a cool open cut lacy overlay. They represent various companies, but are color coordinated to work together.
Attachments
2006 05 11 001.JPG
2006 05 11 001.JPG (36.92 KiB) Viewed 1574 times
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: Blue Moon scrap kit....

2. doo-dads: brown envie, 2 small red sequin flowers and one small silver glitzy flower, three velvet flowers==2 small and 1 very large one with beads, hat pins and danglies, two large metal charms--a key and a spoon, and a pack of cool brads that I've never seen before..., a jewelry finding of beads and attachers...
Attachments
2006 05 11 002.JPG
2006 05 11 002.JPG (32.38 KiB) Viewed 1571 times
Ruth Ann Landry

3. extras: an arctic blue glimmer mist, a lettuce adirondack dimensional pearls, blue and pink gaffers tape, a tiny tin, lace, and a sequin trim
Attachments
2006 05 11 003.JPG
2006 05 11 003.JPG (32.74 KiB) Viewed 1566 times
Ruth Ann Landry

4. more extras: chipboard alpha stickers, gold rub-ons, gem stick-ons, word stickers....
Attachments
2006 05 11 004.JPG
2006 05 11 004.JPG (40.72 KiB) Viewed 1564 times
Monica

Post by Monica »

Cool stuff! I was looking at their site last month and wondered what a kit looked like IRL.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Ruth Ann Landry

How's this for service??? the people at Blue Moon just called to thank me for my order and chit chatted about up coming kits and ideas...I think that was really nice.
Paula

Post by Paula »

that is very nice, and rare!!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Nice kit. I think you got your money's worth. And the customer service is priceless! Customer service is something I take seriously. If I don't get it - they don't get my money.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it all!
Pam Cook #48
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Ruth Ann, did it come with ideas for the kit?
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
Ruth Ann Landry

No, it didn't....and now I realize how much ALSB has "stunted" my ability to scrap alone....but, as soon as I get some new photos, I am actually looking forward to figuring this out on my own...I also ordered a kit from www.akissonthechic.com...they have a gallery and photos posted of their ideas and their design team....looking forward to getting that one too...they are both more vintagey than I am used to with more "lumpy" embellies..so it should be fun, i think.
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

RuthAnn, if you have the CS idea deck or any set of ALSB instructions, you can use the layouts with any papers. I used a set of ALSB instructions with some of my sister's Creative Memories papers, and they all came out gorgeous!

I love those dimensional pearls. I used that very color on some "bare branches" punchies to add little puffs that look like new green shoots.