for those who have peeked at Swirlydoos

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
ChristyB

Re: for those who have peeked at Swirlydoos

Post by ChristyB »

me neither, but the colors of this kit were not you typical Valntine's kit. Browns, blues, greens not a pink or red in sight
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

I just peeked and am totally loving these kits. I will probably subscribe when I get settled stateside.
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

ChristyB wrote:me neither, but the colors of this kit were not you typical Valntine's kit. Browns, blues, greens not a pink or red in sight
my kind of Vday kit...
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Yeah, I wouldn't say this was a Valentine's kit in any respect - except for maybe the chipboard hearts. I was completely overwhelmed with those flowers "mess o flowers" hardly covers it! And they're nothing close to flat, so I don't think I can really put them on layouts or cards. I'm still pondering...

I've got some of the papers set aside to make some cards, and I'm not sure when I'll get to use any of what's left for a layout, since I've got ALSBs pulled for most of what I've got photos for currently. But we'll see...

The February technique looked totally amazing, but it was already long past gone by the time I signed up. I asked to be a perma-add for that already, so hopefully she's got me down for March.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

LOL Julie.. You will love it. I will post a pic over the weekend of the Feb kit. :) It also came with some crackle paint too !!
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Here's a LO one of the girls made with the kit... Love the linen paper by Donna Downey... and would not have thought to use it the way she has :)

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/2627 ... 79/-1.html
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I did succumb and subscribe to Swirlydoos...awaiting my first kit. Did anyone get theirs yet? How long does it usually take? Anxious here...
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

My first was the Feb kit, and I subscribed whenever this thread started floating around. The kit actually arrived about the 28th of January, I think. You should get an invoice, which will be your first clue that stuff is on its way, and then there will be a shipping notice.
Julie Fugina
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

yep--you usually get your invoice the 3rd week of the month and soon after your shipping notice. Usually 3-4 days into the month you have your stuff.
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

:happywave: Received my first kit today...these little bits and pieces are soooo foo foo (my word). Nothing I would ever pick up myself...BUT, I've decided I'm going to make myself a SB of some of my favorite pic's of grand children (just 1 at this time) and really have fun with it, cuz it's so dang cute!! :lol:
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Soooooo what's in the kit?? I won't get mine for 2 weeks or thereabouts!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Julie - did you get the Feb kit with loads of flowers and those nested chipboard hearts, or did you get the March kit already? I only got my invoice today for the March kit, so it will be at least a week before I get it.
Julie Fugina
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I got the March kit...early release.
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Mine arrived yesterday morning!!
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I'm going to revisit this topic. I've enjoyed many items in this kit...purchased it mainly to force myself to use more feminine items in LO's of DGD. I've received 4 kits to-date. But am beginning to feel that it may be too vintage for me. I love the vintage...but don't want all of my LO's to be vintage of my DGD. Any thoughts or opinions from those of you receiving this kit? Perhaps I need to be more creative in toning it down? Any ideas here?