for those who have peeked at Swirlydoos

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
ChristyB

Re: for those who have peeked at Swirlydoos

Post by ChristyB »

I think it might be a bit on the vintagy (new word) side. I mix my papers now big time though. And I guess at least for me with 3 girls I can get some really girly layouts with them.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

julierealtor wrote:I'm going to revisit this topic. I've enjoyed many items in this kit...purchased it mainly to force myself to use more feminine items in LO's of DGD. I've received 4 kits to-date. But am beginning to feel that it may be too vintage for me. I love the vintage...but don't want all of my LO's to be vintage of my DGD. Any thoughts or opinions from those of you receiving this kit? Perhaps I need to be more creative in toning it down? Any ideas here?
How about mixing some of the Swirlydoos stuff with other less vintage styles like Club Scrap? Or using your normal style of scrapping but with some of their products. Maybe that would help tone it down for you.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Thanks Marianne..I'll have to give this more thought. Not sure I know how to mix them up very well. I punt when it comes to SB'ing :lol:
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Julie - I've had four or 5 kits from them now as well, and I've only used a tiny tiny amount of what I've received. I wouldn't have thought "too vintage" was the reason, though the stuff in the last kit was waaaay along those lines. No idea what to do with most of that stuff. LOL. My purpose for joining was to try to make myself use more embellishments. I never ever got into embellishments, and having them available right there in the stash is making me more likely to use them.

As far as the paper, I'm still in hoarding mode. I'm hoarding this stuff way more than I ever hoarded my CS stash. I have a plan though. Recently, people have started to ask me to make stuff for raffle baskets, and they were specifically asking for cards, but I think I might also put together some empty scrapbook pages too. That should help me use up some of the stuff that's not really my taste, or doesn't really go with my photos. I enjoy making those pages a lot.. they're just not always that useful for my own kids. Even my girly girl isn't quite *that* frilly. ;-)

I guess we'll see how that goes, but that's what I plan to do with some of the overly vintage-y stuff that doesn't suite me.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I'm with you on the embellies Julie...but think I really need a kit with more fun images/colors. Can't seem to find a club that suits me though...don't want a bunch of stickers or coordinating chipboard things..KWIM? Hmm...
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Yeah, I think my biggest problem with finding "the perfect club" for me, is that what I like and am tempted to buy, isn't really what I *need* for my layouts. I love Swirlydoos because I know I'm getting stuff I'd never dream of picking out at the scrapbook store, so I'm exposed to a lot more, and it definitely will help keep me out of a rut. But it doesn't quite seem to cover what I *need*. And for the time that I was getting tons and tons of CS, it wasn't particularly what I wanted, but it seemed to be what I needed in order to get my layouts done.

I think I'm in a strange place where I want more than just ribbons and tags (like what I'd get with a CS embellishment pack), and I was starting to get bored with the cardstock. But Swirlydoos is too far in the opposite direction. Lots and lots of eye candy, and not a whole lot of anything I actually want to use.

I just need to start mixing and matching, because heaven knows, the last thing in the world I need is to join another club. LOL. Especially since there's no chance I'd be giving up the ones I'm already in... :roll:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

:lol:
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

I had to stop my Swirly club committment because of cost and the fact that it was not my style of scrapbooking. I love all the things, but I would never use them was my prob.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh gosh! Send them to MEEE!!!!
I signed up with another club (another stupid impulse purchase) and it's SO not my style. When my committment is over, I'm joining Swirlydoos. I absolutely love what I'm seeing.
When I win the lottery, I'm joining Bad Girls Kit Club. Their stuff is to die for.

Those of you still looking - check out Ali Edwards blog. She has links to several kit clubs that might interest you.
Pam Cook #48
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I just got an email from Krissy at Swirlydoos...their site has been completely hacked and is down. Unbelievable...

My subscription ends there in August and I'm seriously looking at joining Cocoa Daisy when it does expire. Love their stuff.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

julierealtor wrote:I just got an email from Krissy at Swirlydoos...their site has been completely hacked and is down. Unbelievable...

My subscription ends there in August and I'm seriously looking at joining Cocoa Daisy when it does expire. Love their stuff.

I got that too--they lost their store, gallery, all the forums---- EVERYTHING
It's scary what one nasty person can do with a computer virus
Paula

Post by Paula »

Not nice :angry42: :angry42:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

When I opened this thread, I got a pop up screen telling me something about being linked to a pirated site - now I know why.
Geez. So does the slimeball now have access to her customers' cc numbers?

I really like Cocoa Daisy, too. Looking at Scarlet Lime and Little Black Dress...
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pamcook wrote:When I opened this thread, I got a pop up screen telling me something about being linked to a pirated site - now I know why.
Geez. So does the slimeball now have access to her customers' cc numbers?

I really like Cocoa Daisy, too. Looking at Scarlet Lime and Little Black Dress...

I don't think so about the cc's
You get an invoice each month and have to pay through that. Sigh--why are people so nasty
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Also I have bought a kit or 2 from Scarlet Lime. I like it but shipping takes forever