General Info about various kits, clubs, and sites

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
Ruth Ann Landry

General Info about various kits, clubs, and sites

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

If you know of a good site please give the info here and I will collate the info onto a single thread of websites. We can use this thread for "chat" about the sites; pros and cons, etc. Include info on: kits, monthly kit clubs, embellies, and monthly embelly clubs, good deals, etc. Please let me know if you've tried visiting one of the sites previously listed and it is no longer available, etc.
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: General Info about various kits, clubs, and sites

www.scraptivity.com has past kits priced 42.99 on sale for 19.99
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

After talking about Paper Wishes personal shopper in the other thread, I went to the site and took a look at the current kits. Some of them are still using the same papers from when I was a member in 2005, so they're still not very current.

I think it would really be helpful if we list what we know about as many clubs as possible - it helps when you're making decisions. At least it does me. But then again, I can't make up my mind about what to have for lunch today. I thought about joining CS for two years before I ever did and then blew a fortune collecting the past kits. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

I used to get ScrapJammies several years ago. Was not impressed with the paper quality and the quantity of items that you received. I cancelled after 3 or 4 months. It was also items you could purchase in the store---nothing unique.
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

There used to be a site called Willow Traders that was all about reviewing different scrapbook kits. I think it had grown out of a yahoo group. I don't know if it is still in existance but if it is, it probably has lots of detailed information about various kits.

One kit that I used to get that I really liked was Coordinate Collections. It was a smaller kit - the current cost is $15.95 and you get your choice of one of two kits each month. You can also just buy without joining for $2 more (I think it depends on what is still available after kits ship). There is also an embellishment add on. I liked getting a smaller kit because it was easier to use it - however, I found that I could get the patterned paper to stretch really far if I wanted it too.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Yesterday in my browsing I found that
Red Velvet Girls is going out of business
ScrapStreet is a digital kit
Scrapdango-looks ok, has two kits a month, a feminine and a masculine one, nice variety 28.50 each
My Creative Scrapbookthese look pretty good-nice variety of stuff, a main kit, project kit and mini kits each month. 27-38.50 depending on kit size and length of subscription

and an awful lot of other kits are really boring! I know that is a big help :mrgreen:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Ruth Ann Landry

Marianne, I looked at mycreativescrapbook.....oh wow! and they have a WAIT LIST to get their kits...no back kits available...that must say something.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I got my Zany Zinnia kits today. I bought the Jan 2010 Venice kit-$24.25 and a sale kit-Porcelain for $20.
Their shipping is a flat $5.
I really like what they send but I'm not up on the latest products. The Jan kit did include the Tim Holtz film strip ribbon so I think that is fairly up to date. The papers were reversible, too, so the 5 prints were actually 10. I don't want a lot of paper in a kit as I still get the CS Sr. paper kit each month. I just want other goodies.
I like that Zany Zinnia doesn't ship automatically. I will get a notice each month and can buy what I like.

Here are some photos:
The package
The package
IMG_9071.JPG (137.49 KiB) Viewed 2005 times
That bag and fiber will be going into my collage stuff.
Porcelain Kit
Porcelain Kit
IMG_9075.JPG (157.61 KiB) Viewed 2005 times
Then it was all wrapped in green tissue. I'll save that, too.
Venice Kit
Venice Kit
IMG_9076.JPG (142.94 KiB) Viewed 2005 times
This kit had papers that are all reversible in soft green and cream prints.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Pretty. And I really love the packaging.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

pbp908 wrote:Pretty. And I really love the packaging.
me too :cool5:
Holly

Post by Holly »

I am interested in the Tie One On Ribbon Club but am unable to locate it, or else it is no longer a viable option. Anyone else have any luck finding it?
Monica

Post by Monica »

Holly wrote:I am interested in the Tie One On Ribbon Club but am unable to locate it, or else it is no longer a viable option. Anyone else have any luck finding it?
I'm not sure that TOO exists any more. I used to get ribbons from them and I loved the stuff, but the old link I have to them is not valid, so I'm guessing they're out of business.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Monica

Post by Monica »

Hasmom99 wrote:There used to be a site called Willow Traders that was all about reviewing different scrapbook kits. I think it had grown out of a yahoo group. I don't know if it is still in existance but if it is, it probably has lots of detailed information about various kits.
Willow Traders still exists, but you have to be a member and logged in to view anything. http://www.willowtraders.com/forums/index.php

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Thanks for finding that link Monica. I'm afraid to go look at it because I might end up with a kit!
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

I'm a member of Paula's Kit Club. She used to run Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers, but now limits herself to monthly kits. SHe has several options, monthly, every other month, etc. plus she has coordinating jewelry kits you can sign up for. And she has this cool feature where you can give her a spending limit and if she finds something ultra cool that goes with the theme, she will bill you for the cost of the add-on. There is always a collage sheet and some little cards/envelopes, and a bag of the coolest charms ever, plus usually there's a sheet of German scrap, along with papers and other cool goodies. You can also pick whether you want the stamp UM, cling, or WM. I like that! Oh, and sometimes there are a few extra kits or goodies, that she sells in her equivalent of a GHM! Smaller scale, but very nice. Tell her I sent you!

http://www.paulaskitclub.com/