General Info about various kits, clubs, and sites

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
Trixie

Re: General Info about various kits, clubs, and sites

Post by Trixie »

I use to belong to Studio Calico. Their stuff was quality and it was current. It just wasn't my taste. They seemed to appeal to the younger crowd that likes one picture on a page and tons of embellishments. That is nice, but it isn't me.

The other thing was that they had teasers during the month and then the reveal on a specific date each month. You had to log in at midnight eastern time to order. If you waited until the morning most things were sold out. That didn't work for me at all.

Customer service was great and they had good artists using and displaying their creations using the SC kits, but I signed up for 6 months and then quit. I still have quite a bit of their product that I have never used.

Trixie
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Take a look at www.scrapscene.com

It seems to be a place where many dealers post...there is a lot of information about kits, blogs, sites, complanies...etc...I've spent a lot of time reading on here....
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

InkPattie wrote:I'm a member of Paula's Kit Club. She used to run Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers, but now limits herself to monthly kits. SHe has several options, monthly, every other month, etc. plus she has coordinating jewelry kits you can sign up for. And she has this cool feature where you can give her a spending limit and if she finds something ultra cool that goes with the theme, she will bill you for the cost of the add-on. There is always a collage sheet and some little cards/envelopes, and a bag of the coolest charms ever, plus usually there's a sheet of German scrap, along with papers and other cool goodies. You can also pick whether you want the stamp UM, cling, or WM. I like that! Oh, and sometimes there are a few extra kits or goodies, that she sells in her equivalent of a GHM! Smaller scale, but very nice. Tell her I sent you!

http://www.paulaskitclub.com/

i remember her (Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers, )from the Carol Duval Show..
arbywytz

Post by arbywytz »

InkPattie wrote:I'm a member of Paula's Kit Club. She used to run Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers, but now limits herself to monthly kits. SHe has several options, monthly, every other month, etc. plus she has coordinating jewelry kits you can sign up for. And she has this cool feature where you can give her a spending limit and if she finds something ultra cool that goes with the theme, she will bill you for the cost of the add-on. There is always a collage sheet and some little cards/envelopes, and a bag of the coolest charms ever, plus usually there's a sheet of German scrap, along with papers and other cool goodies. You can also pick whether you want the stamp UM, cling, or WM. I like that! Oh, and sometimes there are a few extra kits or goodies, that she sells in her equivalent of a GHM! Smaller scale, but very nice. Tell her I sent you!

http://www.paulaskitclub.com/

Oooh, Pattie, I LIKE this one a LOT!!
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

JOIN UP! Her kits ship on the 15th each month, and mine come FedEx. I don't remember now if I got to pick my shipping method, but they come pretty fast. If there are any leftovers, they will be posted on the website, probably on Monday. I already got the shipping notice, so I think she had them all boxed up on Friday.
arbywytz

Post by arbywytz »

InkPattie wrote:JOIN UP! Her kits ship on the 15th each month, and mine come FedEx. I don't remember now if I got to pick my shipping method, but they come pretty fast. If there are any leftovers, they will be posted on the website, probably on Monday. I already got the shipping notice, so I think she had them all boxed up on Friday.
Too late. I already caved in and signed up. And this, after I put my CS kit on hold for a couple of months so as to catch up. On the other hand, this one looks really unique! I did put your name down, btw. Though I did put you down as "inkpattie on the PAO forum" since I couldn't remember your last name! But then, since you didn't even realize we're FB pals, I don't feel so bad! roflmao
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

LOL! I eventually figured it out...and I saw your cool Castaway room (again).
arbywytz

Post by arbywytz »

Anybody ever heard of: Scrapbooking From The Inside Out?

Or: The Story Matters?
Monica

Post by Monica »

Found something for those of you who want embellishments only, not more paper to stash. http://www.creativecharms.com/shop/Crea ... s-Kits.htm They were mentioned on a blog I was perusing. ;) Looks to be an "order if you want it" type.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I belonged to Paula's Kit Club and hated most of them. Seriously. I probably threw away 3 or 4 items and have used almost nothing from any of them. I was so disappointed with her kits.

I recently joined Scarlet Lime (Christy Tomlinson). This time I chose the Frugal kit and was pleasantly surprised with the amount of product for so little money. I took my time researching this club - checking out past kits to make sure I liked her choices and that I wouldn't be buying what I would tend to buy in a store (I do like a challenge).

If you're in the market for a kit club, definitely check out the past kits first.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I was a member of Paulas too and I was glad it is finally over! I belong to Swirlydoos now and that is plenty for me. At one time I belonged to 3!
Monica

Post by Monica »

I've thought about trying out Scarlet Lime, but Swirlydoos is more my style currently, and I've been drooling over kits there for several months. Part of my reason for joining is also because I may cancel my CS membership in a month. I do like the abstract look of this month, but I did not care for the collagey look of last month. I want kits that don't look like papers I bought years ago or digital creations printed out. I expect a higher standard of quality and syle from CS and am not happy with the bulk of recent kits, so it's time for a change. And maybe I'll actually use up some stuff if I'm not receiving multiple PBs every month. ;)

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Have you heard about Front Porch Kits?

http://www.frontporchkits.com/

It looks like they have only been in business a few months. The kits look good, but I don't need to belong to another kit club. I am trying to work all the interest in painting and pastels that I built at Donna Downey's in with my scrapbooking. I needed another hobby like I needed a hole in the head.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO