for those interested in a kit-supplies site.....

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
Ruth Ann Landry

for those interested in a kit-supplies site.....

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Marianne suggested some editing of our recent exploration of other kit clubs, etc. It's been fun looking at all the sites and comparing notes. I asked admin if it were possible to create an index on the board so that we could always reference the material. I don't mind working on this with YOUR input as to good sites to check out. I was thinking of perhaps two threads...one with your input as to site and quality etc, and another with just the names of the sites so that the thread doesn't become too unmanageable...kwim? I don't mind editing the data for the single site since I don't work. What do you think?????
Holly

Re: for those interested in a kit-supplies site.....

Post by Holly »

That's a great idea RA. And thanks for doing the work involved with this.
I tried to check a few of the ones listed. Can I ask you again about getembellishments.com? I couldn't seem to find it.
Ruth Ann Landry

Neither can I, Holly....need to remove some of these...I think the list is not entirely updated, which is why we need to go through these and make notes on that. I removed it from the other list.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I found a couple on the list that are either no longer in existence or were listed incorrectly, but off the top of my head I don't remember what they were. If I can find some time tonight to check them out, I'll let you know what I find.

Isn't it interesting how many of us are looking for alternatives to what we've had in the past?

I can give you a review of the Paper Wishes club, because I was a member of that before I joined CS. The kits are good - crammed full of different things. But - there's very little card stock or heavy weight paper, mostly text weight. There were a lot of bright colors, but I found it (at the time, which was about 5 years ago) to be lagging behind current trends paperwise for the most part. There was a mixture of good embellishments - lots of ribbons and fibers, brads, etc. At the time they seemed to be geared more toward beginner scrappers who wanted a wide variety of styles. It would be worth taking a look at their current kits to see if they've become a little more sophisticated in what they now offer.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Ruth Ann Landry

I got the new index added to the board index...will work on it with the help of all of you.
Ruth Ann Landry

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD ANY LONGER...USE THE GENERAL INFO THREAD FROM NOW ON SO I CAN COLLATE THE INFO INTO ONE THREAD....THANKS!