Scrapbook and Cards Today Kits

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
mpizzazz

Scrapbook and Cards Today Kits

Post by mpizzazz »

SCT is a free Canadian magazine available online and they do kits now and then. They are starting a little kit every month with a taste of what's new. Keitha and I have been talking about it. It's $12 US a month for a year or a bit more if you want to try it for less time.
https://scrapbookandcards.com/product/s ... 018-start/

And here's the link to their current issue. https://scrapbookandcards.com/current-issue/
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: Scrapbook and Cards Today Kits

Post by pamcook »

Let us know. That’s a great price and I like the idea of getting a sampling of newer products. It’s why I’ve been happy with HKC. I like products from different manufacturers.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

scrapbook.com generally includes an issue with your order. I've enjoyed the magazine and the idea of a kit is interesting.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I usually download the mag so I can look through it
I find so many ideas in mags
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

This idea is super intriguing! I went to their site and I looked at their little video for the sampler. While $12/month is potentially a great price for a "kit", the photos in that video showed shots of like 6 papers, or 8 little embellishments. I guess that 6 papers could retail for $12, and some embellishments can be a few bucks individually. But I do hope the samplers are more than what the individual photos showed.

I've paid $12 per month for Scrapbook Generations page kits, that for $12, you got all of the stuff to make one double layout. So if there's enough in the sampler to actually sit down and make at least a single layout, I'd be perfectly happy. I'd be pretty content with 3-4 papers and a small handful of embellishments. Or a small stamp or die set with an ink pad. But it really didn't say much about the quantities of stuff that could be expected. I'd not expect a pizza box stuffed full every month for that price, but I'd like to have some sense of what you get for the price.

And the reason I'm getting all picky about it, is because the 6 month price point might be exactly the right price point to ask for as a Christmas gift from my mom or my MIL. But since it doesn't start up until January, there won't be any reviews to work from by Christmas. Maybe I'll just put a subscription to the magazine on my holiday list instead, since I actually need more supplies like I need a hole in the head (except adhesive - I always need more adhesive). :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

It did say it was 6 x 6 papers and some embellies. I doubt that it is inks, dies, etc. They don't normally sell stuff in a shop so wouldn't have a big stock to draw from like scrapbook.com or others. Definitely not enough for a double layout on its own.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks Marianne - I was looking for some specifics, but apparently never looked in the right place. I'm anxious to see the first postings for what's in the sampler!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I'm always intrigued by a snack-sized kit but have to say the 6x6 papers put me off as I never use them. Never. I wish it were embellishments only. I also wasn't wowed by the sample video - not so much the quantities that seemed okay to me, but the colours; I'm so over all that generic, pastel stuff. But I'll watch with interest to see what y'all get and am open to changing my mind, I guess if trends in product and colours morph to something I'd use more. Too bad really; it's an excellent value for Canadians.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I thought I posted this but maybe not? The February kit made up for how sad the January kit was. Except for the silly die cuts with faces, it’s all pretty wonderful!
E6C506CF-7D0B-4BC1-A382-3357BA59BFEC.jpeg
E6C506CF-7D0B-4BC1-A382-3357BA59BFEC.jpeg (132.41 KiB) Viewed 896 times
Pam Cook #48
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

That's a very pretty kit, Pam.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

That looks like a pretty good kit/value for the cost Pam. Thanks for posting it.

SCT used to do bigger kits more along the lines of the monthly kit clubs, but they weren't by subscription and only issued them seasonally (quarterly). I kind of miss those; I liked that I could see what would be in the kit and order it if I felt I'd use enough of it. While they did have kits this past Christmas, I think they've replaced those with these monthly embellishment kits.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That is very nice, Pam. Glad it was better than the first one.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Monica

Post by Monica »

I have to admit, this month's is far superior to last month.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

A HUGE improvement! Glad you got something you can work more with. I don’t know who started the idea of putting faces on every-single-thing but I personally would prefer having a face stamp as an option.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I blame Lawn Fawn and Doodlebug for the face thing. :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin