re(create) 2019!

For those gathering for the scrapping weekend in North Carolina.
pamcook

re(create) 2019!

Post by pamcook »

Yep, that says 2019. It won't be long before I have to make a decision about where to have the next event.
The mountains are calling my name...how many would be up for a week in the Asheville, NC area? I have my eye on a home that's just outside of the hustle and bustle of the downtown area - yet close enough for a venture into town or even to visit the Estate and/or winery.

We would need to probably limit the number of folks to 10 and the price would probably be a bit more (to pay for table & chair rental). You know I'm a cheapskate - the price would have to be very close to what we pay now ($275 - 300 per person).

Again, I'm amazed at how pricey large homes compared to what we get Looney Dunes for - and it's still an option.

Oh - and I'm looking at June instead of May.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Re: re(create) 2019!

Post by nchoney »

Drat.... I wouldn't be able to head out in the Summer weeks...

would be interested if it was in May... I could start saving up my dollars ahead of time!

as far as tables/chairs.... I'm guessing some of us might have a folding table and chair that we could bring with us.... wouldn't be as sturdy as the heavy duty folding tables... but might do the trick... heck... that's what I work on at home, now... so I could bring my own table LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

nchoney wrote:Drat.... I wouldn't be able to head out in the Summer weeks...

would be interested if it was in May... I could start saving up my dollars ahead of time!

as far as tables/chairs.... I'm guessing some of us might have a folding table and chair that we could bring with us.... wouldn't be as sturdy as the heavy duty folding tables... but might do the trick... heck... that's what I work on at home, now... so I could bring my own table LOL
Thanks - good to know and I completely understand how busy the summer season is for you. No problem keeping it in May.
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I'd like to keep it in May too
but a week later if an option

we rented a real nice house in mountains
it could sleep 16 people
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Count me in. I don't care when.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

There are so many pieces that have to fall into place to make this work. Another option would be a lake house on the N.C./VA border (very close to Beki).

We can of course discuss it at the beach if we haven’t decided before then.
Pam Cook #48
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

I love the Asheville area and would be open to any time there. I still love the outer banks, too.

This area would be Ok, except there’s really nothing else to do except craft; the closest craft store is approximately 60 miles away, but it’s not like we might run out of something, anyway! We’re very rural...in the sticks/boonies...those wanting to go sightseeing might not enjoy it quite as much.
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I would be interested.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:bump:

Beki - I completely get what you're saying and if it ended up closer to you (on the lake), it would be a whole 'nother vibe, wouldn't it?

The mountains are really calling my name but it's not just about me. If the consensus is "we love our house on the beach why change it?" that's fine with me.

If we go there (Asheville), Airbnb requires payment up front so in planning, will need to factor that in. I found a place where we can rent tables and chairs reasonably - and they deliver & pick up. If the home owner allows, of course.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I googled things to do in Asheville and it came up with 7 or 8 things I thought would be fun to do. In addition to scrapbooking of course.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Heck, Beki.... I just googled Clarksville, VA and there's lots of stuff to do up there....

Clarksville Regional Museum
Prestwould Plantation Museum
Occoneechee State Park
Staunton River State Park
John H. Kerr Dam
Tobacco Farm Life Museum - South Hill ~ 30 miles away
South Hill Doll & Train Museum - South Hill
Rosemont of VA Winery - LaCrosse ~ 30 miles away
South Boston-Halifax County Museum - South Boston ~ 20 miles away

Actually.... this sounds like a trip Mike & I might want to make sometime... LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

nchoney wrote:Heck, Beki.... I just googled Clarksville, VA and there's lots of stuff to do up there....

Clarksville Regional Museum
Prestwould Plantation Museum
Occoneechee State Park
Staunton River State Park
John H. Kerr Dam
Tobacco Farm Life Museum - South Hill ~ 30 miles away
South Hill Doll & Train Museum - South Hill
Rosemont of VA Winery - LaCrosse ~ 30 miles away
South Boston-Halifax County Museum - South Boston ~ 20 miles away

Actually.... this sounds like a trip Mike & I might want to make sometime... LOL
It's such a pretty area - plenty of Airbnb houses.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Just my two cents, but airbnb is expensive for a week because they are still charging the nightly rates unless some will negotiate with you. Going via a real estate agent for a week like you do in OBX might be cheaper.

I have no idea where we will be in 2019 so can't say anything at this point about being able to attend or not.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

mpizzazz wrote:Just my two cents, but airbnb is expensive for a week because they are still charging the nightly rates unless some will negotiate with you. Going via a real estate agent for a week like you do in OBX might be cheaper.

I have no idea where we will be in 2019 so can't say anything at this point about being able to attend or not.
Most all give a discount when you rent for the week.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I also am not sure about 2019 at this time.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO