Re(create) 2018 (update 2/10)

For those gathering for the scrapping weekend in North Carolina.
pamcook

Re(create) 2018 (update 2/10)

Post by pamcook »

I've reserved the house for the same week in 2018 (May 5 - 12).
Balance will be due by 3/31. Send funds via PayPal or a check. $192.90 if you gave me $100 deposit. $92.90 if you gave me $200.

Eva is considering making some meals again. Watch for an update on that. Will post a sign up thread soon. Watch for that.

If anyone wants to rent bikes or kayaks, let me know and I’ll check on the price.

I'm asking for $100 deposit which you can send via paypal (jpcook2000@mindspring.com) or check.
As of now, I'm estimating the cost per person to be $292.90 assuming we have a total of 9 attendees. Final cost will be adjusted accordingly. (Overall cost - rental, insurance, fees, & taxes = $2636.04 I'm not sure how the cost went up, but it did - still extremely affordable). We have bed space for 14 total. Obviously, if we fill all 14 spaces, the cost will be only $188.29 per person.
Right now, I have deposits from:
Me
Beki
Judy
Eva
Debbie B
Dee
Jill
Cheryl H
Cheryl M
All funds are non-refundable (because I can't get my money back on the rental if we cancel). You can as always "sell" your space to someone else.

http://www.outerbeaches.com/vacation-re ... dunes-116/

I'll have 2 guest rooms available for anyone who wants to fly in and out of RDU and I'm happy to provide airport shuttle service. :) RDU is probably the closest airport but Norfolk VA is another option.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Re: Re(create) 2018

Post by troublesmom »

I sure hope to be added to that list. I should know in another month as we are scheduled to move the end of this month. If all works as planned ( :roll: ) maybe come July I will be added to the list.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

troublesmom wrote:I sure hope to be added to that list. I should know in another month as we are scheduled to move the end of this month. If all works as planned ( :roll: ) maybe come July I will be added to the list.
I hope so, too. It's not the same without us. :lol:
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I've got tables and chairs reserved!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Add me to list Please
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

pamcook wrote:I hope so, too. It's not the same without us. :lol:
That's a fact. You were missed!
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I just did some math on the cost of renting tables/chairs out here.... in case they weren't available for me to get from our community building. The rental places don't have the big metal chairs like I'm able to get... they just have those piddly plastic things that folks rent for weddings. Those are $2 each per day... and the tables are $8.50 per table per day.... so the total cost would come to $644 for the week. There probably would be a delivery/pickup charge, as well. Just wanted to mention that in case anyone was curious, like I was.

We aren't supposed to remove the tables and chairs from the building, but since Mike is active in the community, the lady who handles the calendar keeps it a secret. It also allows other people to use the building (just minus a few tables/chairs) in case they need it... like this year when there was a wedding in there.

That kind of cost would come into play if re(create) was held somewhere else. That's why the cost has been different when it's been planned at hotels, etc. The hotel has to charge for the use of their room with tables.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

I bet hauling everything to the 3rd floor is NOT included in the delivery charge. We owe you and Mike more than $644. The tables, chairs, delivery, hauling, local info, etc.... is appreciated more than you know. THANK YOU!!

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I can see the look on the delivery guys' faces, now.... "you want these tables, where, lady?" LMAO
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Out of curiosity, I checked rates on a couple of lakes here in NC & in VA - rates are 2 - 3 times higher for the week than the beach rental. No tables means we would have to rent them or each bring our own. Only one had a space large enough for maybe 6 tables.

Hotels are an option but so expensive. Some require you use their food service or charge a fee/meal when you use outside catering. Some want to severely restrict hours you use their conference room.

I feel like we fell into the best deal ever with Looney Dunes. Having Debi & Mike to help is a major bonus.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Wow.... I would have thought rates would be less... but maybe it's a more localized destination. Crazy stuff....
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Thanks Debi & Mike! It really is appreciated. I didn't make it this year but I remember carrying everything up those steps and I certainly wouldn't want any more to carry.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I sent a message to Julie on Facebook and she needs to know what Dee's user name is and needs an email from her
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Thanks Mike and Debi, you guys are the best host and hostess! You really do go above and beyond!
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

nchoney wrote:I can see the look on the delivery guys' faces, now.... "you want these tables, where, lady?" LMAO
Rather than asking for clarification, they would probably TELL us where to put them...and I doubt it would be where the sun shines! :lol:

Personally, I am grateful to everyone who coordinates each trip...I am so spoiled (as a Princess should be! :roll: ).

From the bottom of my heart, thank you ALL.
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com