Scrubbies, anyone?

For those gathering for the scrapping weekend in North Carolina.
bonnie

Scrubbies, anyone?

Post by bonnie »

Don't fall over that I have surfaced from the depths but things have been quite interesting of late. For starters, we are now residents of South Carolina and retirement is wonderful. Anyway, Pam reminded me to get instructions for scrubbies for anyone interested. So here goes...the is a lot of room for your own version in order to make these things fit but here are the basics

Take your netting and crochet 4 and join to form a circle. Chain 2
Row 1: Do about 11 double crochets into the circle depending on the thickness and quality of the netting. 9 double crochets also works well - slip stitch and chain 2.

Row 2: Do 2 double crochets in each space - slip stitch - chain 1.

Row 3: 1 single crochet in 1st space, 2 single crochets in 2nd space - repeat that sequence all around. Slip stitch and tie off.

Do another scrubbie but don't tie off after row 3. Place them back to back and single crochet edges together to join. Tie off and weave the little strip that is left.

I hope this makes sense and like I said, you can fudge these things depending on the netting.

I'll send a couple of versions to Pam with a few samples. I miss you guys and would love to be there.
mpizzazz

Re: Scrubbies, anyone?

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks so much, Bonnie! We will miss you and Pam at the beach.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Thank you, Bonnie. I think of you daily when I use mine. They are really wonderful!

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

If you make them about 2 x the regular size, they're great for scrubbing rough summer feet - for those of us who prefer to barefoot it.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
bonnie

Post by bonnie »

I just hope the directions make sense and everyone is successful. It took me a little while to get the hang of working with the netting. The biggest challenge was cutting it but once I pulled out my rotary cutter, it was a breeze.
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

Miss you, Bonnie...

:cry:
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
bonnie

Post by bonnie »

I miss you, too. I think about you and smile whenever I see all the holiday tiaras. ;)
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Thanks so very much for the directions. I have 3 different colors of netting and hope to get them cut soon. Between us all we should be able to figure it out.

Wish you & Pam were able to join us.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

bonnie wrote:I miss you, too. I think about you and smile whenever I see all the holiday tiaras. ;)
:lol:
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I bought net yesterday but there was so much choice and none of it was 44" wide. I might have bought the heavier one with the larger holes but I'll give it ago. Might need to wear gloves while I make them but I can use some tough scrubbies. After several trips through the washer, they'll soften up.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Somehow I missed the instructions on how much netting was needed and the measurements for how to cut. Anyone remember?
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Carol I remember the strips should be 2" wide. I think I bought about a yard of each color I got. I purchased 3 different colors Don't know how much you need for one.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bonnie

Post by bonnie »

I think I get about 3 scrubbies from a yard but never paid much attention because I just buy a bunch and go for it. My strips are anywhere from 1 1/2 inches to 2 inches wide...it depends a lot on the quality of the netting. Some is real nice and rough and some is so crappy that I do two strands so it's not so flimsy. They will wear your hands out crocheting them but they are so handy to have. A neighbor down here got real attached to them and ended up buying a dozen. I'm sending a RAK box to Pam Cook and will add a scrubbie for everyone so you have a sample to go on. This is a year long thing for me so whenever we go anywhere that will take about an hour or so, the old basket comes along to work on one on the way. Oh, and the starting row works pretty well with nine double crochets. Do 11 if the net is flimsy.
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Thank you Bonnie and Cheryl. I found some netting in my sewing room so I'll give it a try.

Thank you Bonnie for sending us one. I still use the ones you've given us before. They're great and last a long time.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I will give it a go soon. My crochet skills are nonexistent. I have to look up how to do the stitches every time but I think I can do this. The little scrubbie I have from the ReCreate that was at Halloween (Pam just scrapped the photo) is still going strong.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels