2009 Camp PAO-WOW Artwork

Low-pressure summer fun! Check in here for challenges to help keep your mojo flowing during the summer.
gwenj

Re: Photography Class

Post by gwenj »

More from Seattle:
Attachments
flowers.jpg
flowers.jpg (109.56 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
berries.jpg
berries.jpg (122.31 KiB) Viewed 1902 times
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

Some "fruits of the sea", and I couldn't resist this beautiful lavender!
Attachments
oysters.jpg
oysters.jpg (98.11 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
lavender.jpg
lavender.jpg (109.89 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm sort of lost - do you want clouds or fruit? Anyway, here's both. The cloud shot didn't have enough foreground in it to make it a good shot, but the colors were interesting.
Pearssml.jpg
Pearssml.jpg (257.27 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
Sunset2sml.jpg
Sunset2sml.jpg (111.47 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
katymjo

Re: Horseback riding

Post by katymjo »

OK. Now here's a "birdy" photo! I made this quick card today. The Peacock lives in the walled garden where I took the photo of the apples last week. The stamp is CS Be Still. I thought the swirls looked rather like peacock tail-feathers.
TFL. Kathryn.
Attachments
Peacock-photo-and-fibres.jpg
Peacock-photo-and-fibres.jpg (50.26 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Ok, I'm playing catch up. I did the 20 pics on a nature walk but our walk was well....walking in the city here in japan. lol I'll post those later after I resize them. I'll pick out the best pics to post. I wont post all 100 or so that i took. lol Here is my cloud pic from the cloud assignment.
Attachments
clouds.jpg
clouds.jpg (64.3 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

Gwen,

Next time you are in Seattle let us know. There are a few of us out this way. We love an opportunity to meet you and hang out. :-)

Now . . . my sister was in town last week and of course I took her to Pike's Place Market. I was somewhat able to catch a picture of a flying fish. Can you see it over there on the top right side of the photo?

To capture this picture I set my Nikon D50 to sports mode and chose the continuous burst setting. I did not use a tripod. The problem with sports mode is that it assumes that it more important to capture the photo than it is to be in focus. So unfortunately the fish is out of focus. I welcome any tips on how I can capture some of these photos. I had the same the problem when photographing DS's t-ball games eventhough I used a tripod for those pics.
Attachments
Titi Maritza (57).JPG
Titi Maritza (57).JPG (67.29 KiB) Viewed 1914 times
Monica

Camp Bulletin Board

Post by Monica »

:creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating: :creating:

This is the place to permanently place your camp art from past seasons. This is the ONLY area with a specific place for posting photos after an event is done, and that is simply to keep camp tidy without losing the art we all create.

This is a bulletin board for all to enjoy the artwork, so please pm someone to praise their art rather than posting here. Think of it as not posting sticky notes all over a bulletin board full of art.

Thank you!
Camp Director
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin