2009 Camp PAO-WOW Artwork

Low-pressure summer fun! Check in here for challenges to help keep your mojo flowing during the summer.
rinda

2009 Camp PAO-WOW Artwork

Post by rinda »

I made these summer inchies to share with my cabin mates. I made sets of 7 (seen on the right), from which people could make any of the three sets on the left.
I hope you enjoy looking!
rinda
Attachments
summerinchies.jpg
summerinchies.jpg (216.13 KiB) Viewed 3137 times
pugmom

Re: Camp PAO-Wow day one...

Post by pugmom »

Monica, these are great challenges. Thank you!

So, I needed a little "me" time when I got home from work today and decided to go to painting class. I made this card based on the first Monet painting in the link. I used Club Scrap's magnolia stamp from the Deep South kit for my water lillies and acrylic paints.
PAO camp - painting class.jpg
PAO camp - painting class.jpg (66.73 KiB) Viewed 3023 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
azemigh

Re: Camp PAO-Wow day one...

Post by azemigh »

I went to the same painting class that Sue was in. (the first monet painting) I brought along a Bernie Berlin inky layers background and then searched through my doo dad box for something to make lilies out of, then stamped the word "magic" with some little letter stamps and brushed them with interference green perfect pearls.
Attachments
Monet Inspired 1.jpg
Monet Inspired 1.jpg (64.81 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
pugmom

Re: Painting Class

Post by pugmom »

I made this card based on the first Monet painting in the link. I used Club Scrap's magnolia stamp from the Deep South kit for my water lillies and acrylic paints.
PAO camp - painting class.jpg
PAO camp - painting class.jpg (66.73 KiB) Viewed 3150 times
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Here is my reposting of the Monet inspired artwork. I was so excited to get started I just camped out at the door to the painting cabin all night long waiting to start class. ;)

Bernie Berlin inky layers background, white silk flowers snipped and folded to resemble lilies, yellow paper roses peeled apart to make the centers and letter stamps brushed with interference green perfect pearls.
Attachments
Monet Inspired 1.jpg
Monet Inspired 1.jpg (64.81 KiB) Viewed 3143 times
rinda

Post by rinda »

For an altered book swap in which I participate, the theme was "The Planet Earth." After reading the Bible's description of the Third Day, I decided to use the Monet painting, mainly because I happened to have a picture of it in my stash! The background is yummy handmade paper I've hade for five years and had just moved to my RAK box.
Thanks for looking,
Rinda
Attachments
gabearth.jpg
gabearth.jpg (64.29 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
rinda

Re: Arts & Crafts

Post by rinda »

I went to the arts & crafts late-night "break the rules" session. We didn't stick to red, white & blue, but we stayed within the basic patriotic theme. I made these ATC's using corrugated paper I've had forever and hand-cut shapes. The images are from my own original collage sheets I made with pictures found in my aunt's estate. I don't know who the people are, but they're likely GI's from Texas, and it's definitely World War II.
Thanks for looking,
Rinda
Attachments
3ww2atcs.jpg
3ww2atcs.jpg (33.43 KiB) Viewed 3235 times
rinda

Re: Water sports

Post by rinda »

Made a quick foray out to the lake this morning. I've been working on an altered book page with the theme "naughtly little secrets." The front of the page was done, but I was having trouble figuring out how what to put on the back. Thanks to the camp inspiration, I pulled out my distress inks and my water bottle to create the background on the back of the page. I forget how wonderful the distress inks look, when used as deveoped (as opposed to just using them for stamping!). I scanned a copy of the picture which is in the little booklet on the first page with the front of the AB page. Another interesting picture found in my aunt's estate.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Rinda
Attachments
gabsecret.jpg
gabsecret.jpg (76.85 KiB) Viewed 3141 times
gabsecretback.jpg
gabsecretback.jpg (43.65 KiB) Viewed 3141 times
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

made this quick atc-supposed to be packing but want to play instead ;)

filled a pan with H2O, dropped in some AIs and placed paper on top=my background.
stamped the paintbrush, quote on vellum
very simple card
tfl
Attachments
P7020001.jpg
P7020001.jpg (82.34 KiB) Viewed 3120 times
ChristyB

Re: KP Duty

Post by ChristyB »

here is my recycled art
Chunky 4x4 page for a friends superhero book. Background is a piece of aluminum foil I covered with alcohol inks
Attachments
P7020002.jpg
P7020002.jpg (90.88 KiB) Viewed 3163 times
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I had KP duty today.

The recycled item is the background, which is a crumpled up page from a magazine that is inked and embossed. These will also be for the Quickie ATC Swap.
Camp PAO WOW KP, Quickie ATC Swap.jpg
Camp PAO WOW KP, Quickie ATC Swap.jpg (92.48 KiB) Viewed 3123 times
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

Whereas I have been playing the arts and crafts building all day, I'm afraid I don't follow the rules very well, so I will post my efforts elsewhere, but I did finally get around to my KP duty. While cleaning up from my last set of LOs I salvaged some cutoff edges and made this card using the herrigbone technique I have been wanting to try. TFL
Attachments
card.jpg
card.jpg (40.79 KiB) Viewed 3108 times
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Hi again. I made this ATC - very basic but a Jean size tag inspired me to do it.
Stamped sale all over the ATC, Recycled size tag (NOT MINE!!) and the words " I can't pass up a great sale" and some fibres.
ATCPOA.jpg
ATCPOA.jpg (24.93 KiB) Viewed 3100 times
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Scraps on my table today left over from the cards I made last weekend. I used the herringbone technique...
Attachments
DSCN0668 (Medium).JPG
DSCN0668 (Medium).JPG (82.96 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Beautiful pieces!

Here's mine. I love using water with my Distress Inks. I actually feel artistic when I do! This is the title block for a layout I did today. It's the technique where you smoosh your DI pads onto your craft mat and then spritz the ink with water. I did 2 layers but wished I had done just one after it was all done - not enough to re-do it though! After it dried, I spritzed the whole thing a couple of more times before I got the look I was happy with. It's hard to see but the corner design - you stamp with DI and then "paint" it with dry Perfect Pearls. After you brush off the excess, you spritz it with water to soften the inked design. Tim has a great tutorial on his website for better instructions on how to do this.
2009_0703Mar080002 (Small).JPG
2009_0703Mar080002 (Small).JPG (71.14 KiB) Viewed 3029 times
Pam Cook #48