2013 Camp PAO-Wow Art!

Low-pressure summer fun! Check in here for challenges to help keep your mojo flowing during the summer.
clamscrapper

Re: Camp Jumble

Post by clamscrapper »

My DIL brought me a bumch of jingle bells ahe'd found while cleaning out her dad's attic. My GD loves bells so I made her a bracelet with a few of the bells, wire and green vinyl tape. She walked around all morning jingling them. She loved it and it only took a few minutes.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (52.45 KiB) Viewed 1173 times
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pat-czap

Re: Camp Jumble

Post by pat-czap »

This is a CS retreat 2012 project...beaded canvas journal. So easy to make...why did I wait so long??? Front cover is the only thing jazzed up. Inside pages are made with 3 signatures. It is very "rustic" as the pages are all torn edges. Pages are teal, and 2 shades of what I'd call peachy.
rsz_1img_1230.jpg
rsz_1img_1230.jpg (181.83 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
clamscrapper

Re: Camp Art Journal Class

Post by clamscrapper »

Great page Rachelle. Enjoyed the tut. Will have to try it.

I also use tar gel as a gel medium. I don't use it as a glue/undercoat but as a topcoat finish. It is thicker and shiny.

Here is a close up of several of the pages from the gelli journal I made. These were a few of my favorites.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (122.95 KiB) Viewed 1161 times
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
djenns

Re: Tawanda's Challenge

Post by djenns »

Back when I was working at the Sr Residence I acquired a bunch of those little $1.00 frames and they didn't use them, so they've been taking up space in one of my drawers. I pulled one out today - started painting - tried some "cheap" crackle medium (my dad always taught me - when you buy cheap, you get cheap" he's was right so many times )....I ended up sanding it all down - still had the blues and cream colors....so I used Lagoon ink and the background palm tree looking um from Castaways around the frame. added the Porpoises, some jute, and stray sea shells, that were in another box, taking up space. Added the Spellbinders Die cut with the Castaway saying about "'Life is made up of Little Things" and after playing with the placement of shells, I decided this was it. Not sure what pic will end up in this, but I have a lot of my folks fishing photos in another box somewhere.

Thanks
Attachments
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG (134.13 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
azemigh

Re: Fiber Arts

Post by azemigh »

I'm making a few of these for Christmas gifts this year. Whaddya think?

I have patterns for a sheep, snail, sock monkey, frog, oreo, I'm having to make up the tortoise and a crab by myself.
Attachments
DSC01286.JPG
DSC01286.JPG (76.34 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
DSC01287.JPG
DSC01287.JPG (39.2 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
katymjo

Re: Fiber Arts

Post by katymjo »

He's really adorable, Rachelle. And useful too!
I've been finishing some knitting I've had on the go since last winter. A woman at the church craft group gave me some yarn and I said I'd knit "something" for their Spring Fair. Well, that came and went, but I'm in time for the Autumn one!
Kathryn.
Attachments
Knitting.jpg
Knitting.jpg (84.09 KiB) Viewed 1168 times
katymjo

Re: Photography class

Post by katymjo »

This is one of the digi pages from our trip to Alsace. We went up into the vineyards, where there were lots of different flowers and butterflies. I used the CS Wisteria kit.
Kathryn.
Attachments
zzzz-Vineyard-Walk-03.jpg
zzzz-Vineyard-Walk-03.jpg (88.75 KiB) Viewed 1223 times
ChristyB

Re: Camp Art Journal Class

Post by ChristyB »

another page from me :)
Attachments
BreatheCB.jpg
BreatheCB.jpg (353.69 KiB) Viewed 1153 times