Deck of Art - 10 of Diamonds - Knit, Crochet, Emb...due 3/9

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
InkPattie

Re: Deck of Art - 10 of Diamonds - Knit, Crochet, Emb...due 3/9

Post by InkPattie »

Petra, that is awesome! I'm so glad this theme worked in your life story!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I am almost in the same boat with you Holly. My mom didn't do any either - she had 7.
Holly wrote:WOW! I love it! Nicely done Petra. Wish I had that knowledge. My mother could do wonderful hand work-- but never seemed to have the time to pass it on; of course, taking care of 8 children could have something to do with that!
You are so lucky!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Oh My Gosh! That is absolutely fabulous!

My mom and both grandmothers crocheted - elaborate doilies and table clothes. I could never master more than an uneven chain, but now I want to learn how to do it. A dear friend of mine was telling me about the prayer shawls she's making, and expressed a wish that someone would make one for her. If Grandma Eddy or Bonnie will show me how, I'm going to take a stab at it.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

pbp908 wrote:Oh My Gosh! That is absolutely fabulous!

My mom and both grandmothers crocheted - elaborate doilies and table clothes. I could never master more than an uneven chain, but now I want to learn how to do it. A dear friend of mine was telling me about the prayer shawls she's making, and expressed a wish that someone would make one for her. If Grandma Eddy or Bonnie will show me how, I'm going to take a stab at it.
Do have a go - it really isn't that difficult. There are some decent books in the market that I think teach quite well, with pictures, if you can't find anyone to show you...
And by the way, what's a prayer shawl?
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Here is my attempt at this one. It's been sitting here half done for weeks. Fiber items are a photo transfer on fabric leftover from a quilt project and a piece of bobbin lace made several years ago. Recycled aluminum can and thin magnet cut into shapes with Cuttlebug.
My journaling will explain how I am trying to incorporate my fiber arts and paper arts together.
Attachments
Ten of Diamonds-Fiber Arts
Ten of Diamonds-Fiber Arts
Ten of Diamonds-Embroider, Fabric.jpg (67 KiB) Viewed 217 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Wow, Marianne. That's a great one - I love the idea of mixing media and recycling, as in incorporating unusual stuff... I had no idea you do lace making as well! You are SO talented.
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

beautiful, Marianne!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Yes, I did cheat on this one. It is an ATC I did for a swap, but it still fit the topic, and my theme of Family.
Attachments
101_0438.JPG
101_0438.JPG (119.02 KiB) Viewed 202 times
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

love it! no cheating at all--it's beautiful
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Love it! What a great combi of materials, and use of those deco brads. I have tons of them sitting about and never seem to think of them... The photo is cute and great idea to use tearing. Not sure I'd dare do that with one of my old photos, but I'll keep it in mind...