Jack of Hearts - Thankful - Due 12/01

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
pbp908

Jack of Hearts - Thankful - Due 12/01

Post by pbp908 »

Somehow I missed my turn, so I'm jumping in very quickly! :lol:

While we all have it on our mind, let's make this week's theme be "Thankful." This should be super quick because we've already been counting our blessings and the things that we're all thankful for.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Re: Jack of Hearts - Thankful - Due 12/01

Post by mpizzazz »

Here is my card for this theme. It took me quite awhile to think of the thing I am most thankful for and that is the good health, both physical and mental (well, some would argue with that!)-that I have enjoyed all my life.
The background paper is one of my favorites-the handmade brown and white paper from the Down to Earth kit. A painting mishap left some interesting splotches on it that I liked and the transparency of the body parts is from Science.
Attachments
Thankful-Jack of Hearts.jpg
Thankful-Jack of Hearts.jpg (62.05 KiB) Viewed 443 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

:clap: :clap: nice work
Paula

Post by Paula »

love it :clap:
Paula

Post by Paula »

It has been raining here all day. The sun has not come out. Very unusual for AZ, and it made me very
thankful that the bad weather was an exception, not the rule. This is a picture of the last
snowfall we had when we lived in Illinois. I do not miss it :angel:
Attachments
100_0419.JPG
100_0419.JPG (21.23 KiB) Viewed 407 times
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Paula, I don't miss those Illinois winters either. I lived there for 44 years and although I would love to live somewhere that doesn't get any snow, Colorado winters are much better.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Interesting take on the thankful theme, Paula. How many rainy days does AZ get a year?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

I've had a good go at the DoA challenge for the last two days and made 9 different cards. Here's my gratitude one:

Journal reads: "I am profoundly thankful to my parents and grandma that despite growing up in a split up household, I experienced a safe and loving childhood that prepared me well for life. I’m also thankful, to Nan, for giving me a solid base of faith that has been, and still is, a joy and comfort to me. Over the years I have associated with many different churches, but in my heart have always retained the protestant roots of my Nan’s teaching as well as still loving and finding closeness to God in the hymns and rituals derived from old-fashioned Catholicism.
Photo: My Christening, 1967, in front of St Amandus Roman Catholic Church"

Cutouts from K+Co embossed collage paper; punchies; glitz jewels from Club Scrap kit "Stepping Out"
Attachments
DOA_thankful.jpg
DOA_thankful.jpg (159.45 KiB) Viewed 378 times