Deck of art weekly theme "Strength" Due 9/16 6 of Diamonds

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
Paula

Re: Deck of art weekly theme "Strength" Due 9/16 6 of Diamonds

Post by Paula »

pbp908 wrote:I think our grandmothers were from a generation that did what they had to do without complaint simply because it HAD to be done. .
So very true. Both of my grandparents were the same way. This must be where my Mother got her infamous saying. She always told us kids to.............(are you ready?).... Spit on it and wipe it in the grass.!! Can you believe I have never scrapped that saying before? I think I know what my next page will be!
coolboxuk

Re: Deck of art weekly theme "Strength" Due 9/16 6 of Diamonds

Post by coolboxuk »

Another one I made today - journal reads: "Strength wasn’t a childhood theme for me but one thing kept popping into my mind associated with the word: something both my parents (and Gran) told me about: they all agreed that while Hitler had many bad ideas, he also had some good ones, like the “Volkswagen” (car for the people) and “Kraft durch Freude” movement, which means “Strength through Joy”. An awareness of the fact that mind and body are connected, that is much more widespread nowadays, but was rather novel then. They all talked a lot about the fun they had on outings and holidays with their local KDF groups.
Photo: Mum (person on the very left) during a hike with her “Kraft durch Freude” group"
Alphas are Caroles Creations Adorn Its; beads from Club Scrap "Ivory Elegance"; papers Wiggly Woods Celebration kit.
Attachments
DOA_strength.jpg
DOA_strength.jpg (66.91 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
azemigh

Re: Deck of art weekly theme "Strength" Due 9/16 6 of Diam

Post by azemigh »

For strength I chose these photos of my cousin and I after a freak accident at the beach one year. We were playing on a log near the edge of the surf one spring and a sneaker wave caught us and about 20 other people off guard. I was facing the ocean at the time and was able to dive in, but my cousin was facing the beach and was pinned under the log. She broke her leg, arm, pelvis and bruised her liver and kidney. It was a very scary time and even though the beach is my favorite place to be, I never turn my back on it.
Attachments
6ofDiamondsStrength.jpg
6ofDiamondsStrength.jpg (72.6 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, what a story! That is so true.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh my goodness! So glad she lived through that. I can't even imagine.
Pam Cook #48
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

That's so scary. I am very aware of the ocean's danger. I almost drowned when I was younger so I am always alert. I don't fear the ocean, just cautious.

This was a great card. Thanks for sharing.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wow! Very scary indeed Rachelle!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO