Deck of Art--7 of Diamonds--LOVE-- due 5/13

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
Paula

Deck of Art--7 of Diamonds--LOVE-- due 5/13

Post by Paula »

Okay everyone, here is this weeks card and theme!! 7 of Diamonds-theme love, cuz 7 is my lucky number, and Diamonds cuz, well, you know, we all LOVE diamonds :lol: :lol:
You can use love associated with anything---love of life, love of children, love of flowers, love of art, anything that YOU love :angel:
Have fun with this, the sky is the limit!!!

Paula
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: Deck of Art--7 of Diamonds--LOVE-- due 5/13

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

cool theme......so many interpretations!
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

I "love" the theme!!! :lol: I have a good idea for this one.
Paula

Post by Paula »

I think I had a head start, :tomato: but I will post mine anyway :lol: :lol: It is a card about my love for my children and my DH. Both of the pics are favorites of mine, I couldn't decide which one to use, so I used them both :angel:

TFL
Paula
Attachments
100_0589.JPG
100_0589.JPG (28.59 KiB) Viewed 607 times
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

wow, Paula, what a beautiful job you did...love it!
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

great card, paula!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Paula what a wonderful piece of art.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Very cleverly done, Paula. I assume this is digi art?
Paula

Post by Paula »

Thanks everyone! No this is not digi. I have not ventured into that territory yet :lol: :lol: It is simply 2 photos, cut and glued together on the card.
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Paula wrote:Thanks everyone! No this is not digi. I have not ventured into that territory yet :lol: :lol: It is simply 2 photos, cut and glued together on the card.
Really? wow... It looks so artsy!!! Great job!
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Here's my love card. 28 1/2 years of wedded bliss!
Deck of Art - 7 of Diamonds.jpg
Deck of Art - 7 of Diamonds.jpg (45.7 KiB) Viewed 512 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Sue, that's a great one, too. Love the verse! And you do look so happy in the photo.
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

And here's mine: I had to go with the "something I love" theme...
Clip journals reads: "One thing I have always loved, and still do, is fancy dress. Whether it was dressing up in out-of-fashion gear of my Mum’s or Nan’s, which they kept in an old suitcase under the bed for that purpose, complete with hats, shoes and jewellery, or best of all, at the annual Carnival didn’t matter.
The photo was taken at a “Kräbbelkaffee” in 1970 – the children’s fancy dress parties that were on during the carnival season. I think Mum enjoyed coming mostly for the “kräbbels”."
Attachments
DOA_love.jpg
DOA_love.jpg (76.26 KiB) Viewed 508 times
Paula

Post by Paula »

Sue, great take on the theme, and 28.5 years :cool5: :cool5: :cool5: Love your saying :clap:

Petra, love the dress! (but your hat clashes---bwahahahah!) just kidding! How are you doing your clip journal? I was thinking about adding mine to a title page for the whole book. Are you doing each card seperately?

Paula
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Paula wrote:Sue, great take on the theme, and 28.5 years :cool5: :cool5: :cool5: Love your saying :clap:

Petra, love the dress! (but your hat clashes---bwahahahah!) just kidding! How are you doing your clip journal? I was thinking about adding mine to a title page for the whole book. Are you doing each card seperately?

Paula
Yes, I'm doing my journals separately, printing them on plain white sheets. I collect 9 journals which fit onto one page - that way it's easy to print. I work them into a preset Exel file - the fields are set to the maximum size I can use on a card. That way I don't always have to tweak them - they automatically go into the right sizes. I print them when 9 are complete - which was just after the love card. Then I cut them apart which is quick and easy with a slide cutter.
Then, the original idea I had was to use pretty paper clips - like swirls or circles to clip them to the back. It will be tricky with some because of course you see the paper clip on the front. Maybe I'll just stick them on if there are too many awkward ones - but I would like to be able to still see the suit side...