Deck of Art...3 of Clubs--Insects--4/29

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
jdrhope

Re: Deck of Art...3 of Clubs

Post by jdrhope »

They are all great ladies! I have been under the weather lately, but hope to get back in the swing of things this week.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I got mine done today. My dad's favorite nickname for me was BeetleBomb. I guess 'cause I was always bombing around like a little terror.

Paper is 3BugsInARug; sticker letters by Doodlebug Designs; Beetle is from CS Bugs remix UMs with Distress embossing powders black soot and peeled paint.
Attachments
3ofClubsInsects.jpg
3ofClubsInsects.jpg (67.07 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Rachelle...your card is sooooo cool!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Dang you guys - these are all amazing. Is everyone using traditional playing cards? I saw a huge deck of cards at Sam's (at least 6 x 8) and thought about how much fun that deck would be to work with.
Really, really, really great work!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Dragonflies. My brother used to call them snake doctors. I'd forgotten about that until I started working on this.
dragonfly.jpg
dragonfly.jpg (154.25 KiB) Viewed 354 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Isn't it funny how something will trigger a memory?
Very pretty, Pam - is the grass a stamp? (Artists Oasis had some beautiful landscape stamps - I had never seen any IRL before)
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

It's a CS stamp - I think it was from Great Outdoors Jr.
Pam P.

Paula

Post by Paula »

Awesome cards, everyone. I just love all of the different takes, and the memories that they bring back. So kewl :clap: :clap:
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

I love all the artwork shown in these pages and have had a closer look into the main thread. I think this is such a fantastic idea. I don't do ATCs but this is kind of different and really appealed to me, so I'm going to join in. I think what I have in mind is a little different than what most of you do - I'm not a really artsy person, not a great rubberstamper etc and don't have all the goodies needed to do the things you do. I'm a scrapbooker, mainly doing the collage style pages, and that's what I will probably do with this deck of cards: altering them collage style, and using a lot of photos to suit the theme and my idea of using this Deck of Art as a mini scrapbook to explore my childhood. I write journals which are clipped onto the suit side of the cards with pretty paper clips, and decorate the back to suit. So here's my insect theme.
The text clip reads: "My mother has always told me how I was fascinated by all things living – from horses to butterflies. But what I remember is counting the spots on ladybirds wherever I saw one close up, and that my grandma would tell me it was okay to carry round the red ones with the black spots, but the black ones with the red spots were poisonous. I’ve spent my life wondering whether that is true…?"
(I've also done my childhood, circus and black-red-purple cards and will upload them into the respective threads if anybody wants to have a look.)
Attachments
DOA_insects.jpg
DOA_insects.jpg (73.78 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

again, a lovely card...I enjoy seeing yours and reading the little stories.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

love it.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Nice Petra, love the picture :clap:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Love it, Petra! For someone who doesn't make ATCs, you're certainly making them and doing a great job!
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

What a fun card!
Pam Cook #48
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Wonderful Petra! Thanks for joining in the fun and sharing your artwork and childhood with us!