Deck of Art- Queen of Diamonds

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: Deck of Art- Queen of Diamonds

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

some really great cards here.....reminder....card changes tomorrow!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I got this finished last night after I got home. I'm glad this is an ongoing challenge with no deadlines so that we can keep adding to the topics with no pressure.
Thinking about this for a week helped me to come up with a personal memory to fit in with my deck theme. When Mom and I first started knitting and then sewing clothes, we would make a special trip to a button store in Atlantic City to get something special. It was a treasure box of a place, higher than it was wide but very deep. All the button boxes were lined up from floor to ceiling with just room for customers on one side of a counter and the servers on the other. It was always crowded.
I used some Haberdashery and Textiles and Notions, the woman is from one of the ads that Lisa (esider) sent to do the cards for her. Button from my stash.
Attachments
Queen of Diamonds
Queen of Diamonds
Queen Diamonds web.jpg (62.68 KiB) Viewed 345 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Holly

Post by Holly »

Wow what a range of ideas used here, really terrific ladies!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

great card Marianne.
I remember going into a button store with my mom when I was young. Rows upon rows as far and as high as I could see. Each drawer held a new treasure.
Thanks for the memory
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

This has been done since forever but I'm just finally posting. TFL!
Attachments
layouts 271.JPG
layouts 271.JPG (142.69 KiB) Viewed 318 times
Ruth Ann Landry

cool idea, dani!
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

A little springtime with my button entry...
Attachments
button 011 small.jpg
button 011 small.jpg (183.15 KiB) Viewed 300 times
Ruth Ann Landry

very nice card, gwen
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Great card, Gwen!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Dani - I love that card. Like it's made for me: UK map and a German postage stamp! (I'm German living in the UK, for those who don't know that but of useless information...) And I love the kite idea. Really neat.

Gwen - that's lovely, too. Did you make that flower yourself? It looks like crochet. Great!

There are some really super cards in this button section - I love them all but didn't comment on the older ones as I've only joined recently... Sorry for that!
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

coolboxuk wrote:
Gwen - that's lovely, too. Did you make that flower yourself? It looks like crochet. Great!
The flower is crochet--I bought a little set of three of them, but was thinking about trying to replicate them. They do make a nice vintagey embellishment, don't they?
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

I am amazed at all the cool cards posted here. I have lots of buttons but never really knew how to use them. You all have given me some great ideas!
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Finally caught up with my last missing cards - here is my take on the buttons.
Clip journal reads: "Of course I have no recollection of my baby days – but lots of photos, thanks to “Uncle Sator”, a friend of my grandma’s. So the “Cute as a Button” idea was a good way to sneak a baby photo into this childhood deck…and after all, grandma usually made sure that her darling girlie looked as cute as possible!"

Peel-offs and bows from Craft Creations; paper from The Paper Company; buttons from a needlecrafts kit.
Attachments
DOA_button.jpg
DOA_button.jpg (70.42 KiB) Viewed 265 times
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

gwenj wrote:
coolboxuk wrote:
The flower is crochet--I bought a little set of three of them, but was thinking about trying to replicate them. They do make a nice vintagey embellishment, don't they?
Yes, I love them - we should try and make some ourselves, and write it down how to do it so we can share...
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

So far this is my favorite one for (interperting).. I really enjoy all your creative ideas... here is mine.. I was going for a dimond type thing .. but I could not pull it off.
Attachments
Buttons.jpg
Buttons.jpg (221.48 KiB) Viewed 251 times