A Deck of Art....2 of hearts-childhood-3/18

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
donnak

Re: A Deck of Art....2 of hearts

Post by donnak »

jdrhope wrote:
Ruth Ann Landry wrote:Hope, you must use photo stamps with glossy paper...I use them all the time and love them, but anything with texture will break up the image. I like the background...farmish...maybe an orange pumpkin?
Yes, I used glossy photo paper for the photo stamp, that is the one thing I remembered to do. I will try a pumpkin on it tonight and see if that helps. I just think it needs more color. Thanks Ruth Ann
I've also found that if you use a brayer to ink the stamp, you get smoother coverage and no texture from the ink pad! hth
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

man, i've tried that so many times and seem to always miss something with even coverage....the only thing i can brayer well is stuff I've glued down!! LOL
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

thanks to everybody for all the tips with photo stamps. I have made a list and will try them later on. thanks again.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have finally finished my 2 of Hearts. I'm not totally satisfied with it but don't know what else to do. It is in my album - thanks Ruth Ann and Christy
Time passes.jpg
Time passes.jpg (41.39 KiB) Viewed 291 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Paula

Post by Paula »

Cheryl, I like it! Who is the photo of? Love the blue sprigs off of the flowers :clap: :clap:

Paula
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

Great job Cheryl!
Ruth Ann Landry

really sweet....love the blues...
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Wow! These are all GORGEOUS!! I've been out of town for a few days. Our cabin is off the grid and we have no internet connection. It's always fun to be gone for a few days and then come back and plug in. This was the first thread I went to "cause I'm lovin' all these little works of art. :creating:
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Forgot to mention Paula that was my paternal grandmother. She died in 1959 when I was 13.
Paula wrote:Cheryl, I like it! Who is the photo of? Love the blue sprigs off of the flowers :clap: :clap:

Paula
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

A little late, but here is my 2 of hearts. It is a photo of my Mom in 1931. I am going to try to keep my deck kinda themed as a Book of Me if possible.
Ruth Ann Landry

very nice Deb, and a good idea with the BOM themes.....
Holly

Post by Holly »

Cheryl and Deb-- terrific job on each. And you can see the family resemblances. I love that idea (BOM).
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Deb that is terrific! I really like what you did with your mom's photo.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Paula

Post by Paula »

I'm going to mimic everyone else, and say that the BOM is a wonderful idea :clap: :clap: Hum, I wonder if I can start late and catch up???

Paula
Ruth Ann Landry

Paula, we're only on our second card.....sure you can...let me know if you're gonna play and I'll put you on the theme list.