Graphic 45 tip

New tricks to amaze your friends
Keitha

Graphic 45 tip

Post by Keitha »

Reading an email from the owner of my LSS today who attended a Graphic 45 class at Creativation. She said that G45 is not her style at all, but her customers are always saying they love it but just don't know what to do with it, so she took a class to get some tips. She said the #1 tip she heard from them was that they actually design the papers to be cut apart, not used in blocks or in totality. I've never heard that before, but it would explain why as 12x12 scrapbookers we find them so difficult to use. In fact the only time I've ever used them was either cut apart on a page or on an altered item like a cigar box; sure wish I'd known that's what they were meant for. I will now look at the pieces of G45 in my stash in a new light, and thought I'd share in case this is a revelation for anyone else as well.
ChristyB

Re: Graphic 45 tip

Post by ChristyB »

I wish I had known this sooner. I have an absolute stack of their papers but never looked at them that way. They never ever worked for my scrapbook style but I just loved the designs so much I would buy and buy.

Going to get my scissors now....
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I think they're also designed for small projects... definitely not for scrapbook pages...

but.... I like the B sides for backgrounds and cutting parts from the A side for embellishments
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Interesting! I still don't think this would cause me to buy it, because fussy cutting deepens my scowl lines. :lol: I don't mind the papers that have cards that are meant to be cut apart, since I can do that with a quick swipe of my paper cutter, but I do not get the same sense of relaxation when fussy cutting.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

And I love fussy cutting. :lol: I guess that's why I've been able to use as much of it as I have.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com