stamp cleaning question

New tricks to amaze your friends
Keitha

stamp cleaning question

Post by Keitha »

What is the best thing you've found to clean VersaMark ink off rubber stamps? I may have left it on overnight, and a light rubbing of dishsoap and water didn't do it.
pamcook

Re: stamp cleaning question

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:What is the best thing you've found to clean VersaMark ink off rubber stamps? I may have left it on overnight, and a light rubbing of dishsoap and water didn't do it.
Hand sanitizer
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:
Keitha wrote:What is the best thing you've found to clean VersaMark ink off rubber stamps? I may have left it on overnight, and a light rubbing of dishsoap and water didn't do it.
Hand sanitizer
I wondered about that. Surely I have some somewhere... Thanks Pam.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:
Hand sanitizer

Yes great idea...according to Tim, it’s the universal craft cleaner. I’ll have to check my stamp I used last night with versamark. I just used a wipe on it but it was only an hour or so since I inked it. That stuff is pretty gummy.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It works well for me when I use it. My acrylic blocks were a mess so when I saw your post, I pulled them out and cleaned them.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

That's a super idea... hadn't ever heard that before... but hand sanitizer is certainly a cheaper alternative to stamp cleaner... whohhhooooo!!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Is this why people put hand sanitizer in their goodie bags at ReCreate? to clean our stamps?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

I've never heard of the hand sanitizer. I just use a wet rag. It's not one of those new stamp cleaners, it's just a kind of a thin soft large square kitchen sponge. (it's not a microfiber) Of course, I usually clean my stamps right away, so I haven't tried it on day old VersaMark