Digi virgin question

Trixie

Digi virgin question

Post by Trixie »

I just got an email from Club Scrap saying that they were going to have a 12 hour sale on Brewed Awakenings. That includes the digital kit. It is about $4. Would that be a good way to start doing digi? I have toyed with the idea of buying a couple things(?) to see if I like it. Do you have to buy other software to use the kit?

Thanks,
Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
jmp1022

Re: Digi virgin question

Post by jmp1022 »

do you have any program like
photoshop elements, photoshop?
There is a free program but when you save the layouts you have to pic what you want.
It's at http://www.scrapbookflair.com It has lots of free digi papers and things.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Nope. :-( I don't even have publisher. Which one would you recommend if I have to buy one?

BTW, I just got my Christy distresser and my Debbie/Jill canvas pages that I drooled over at the ReCreate. I can't wait to play.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

If you're not sure get the free one.
I started with photoshop elements 2.0 I kept upgrading till ver. 8 then I bought
photoshop at a discount.

There is one lady the uses microsoft word. I have never done that.

I thing you can get a photoshop elements for under $80.00
You can also download the free trial from adobe to use for 30 days.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Thanks!
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Trixie wrote:Nope. :-( I don't even have publisher. Which one would you recommend if I have to buy one?

BTW, I just got my Christy distresser and my Debbie/Jill canvas pages that I drooled over at the ReCreate. I can't wait to play.

Judy

Yay Judy! I only have 5 more photos to do and my book I was working on is done! I used a lot of stuff from my stash (and Cheryl's!) on this book and my DH really loved it too. I made it for a friend of my granddaughter and DH said, "I hope you know Allyson is going to want one too!" Allyson is my granddaughter, maybe later. By the time this is complete I will be burned out! Make sure you share your project when you get going Judy. Would love to see it.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I will second Jill's advice. Definitely start with a free trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements before you decide if you want to get into this. It's a tool, and it's expensive, and you want to be sure you're going to use it before you drop all that money (I think that even $80 for software is pricey).

$4 for a digi kit isn't a terrible price, depending on what you get. But if you really want to try your hand, maybe just start with some digi freebies. They're not hard to find.

My advice, is to start with a quick page, and learn how to slide pictures behind the cutout areas or on top of the mat areas. That will get you comfortable with layering. Then once you've got that down, you can add a few extra embellishments (like title alphas) and you'll have a pretty good idea of whether it's something you want to stick with. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Thanks Julie. I appreciate your advice. Now I need to figure out when I am going to have some time to dedicate myself to this so I don't waste my 30 day trial. Can we please go back to the camp?

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Judi
if you go get the free one you have forever.
You can use any papers and things in it.

If you are planning on buying the digi kits make sure it is not an extention pack.
There is not much in it.

You can always upgrade when ever you want.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Sorry I spellered the site wrong
I updated the spelling.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

CS has a very nice free digi kit that includes some quick pages. There are also some tutorials on the site that will help you get started. And once you become a bit more proficient, Adobe has video tutes on their website. The hardest thing to remember is to rename rename rename. That way you won't lose your original files. And if you really really like the $4 kit get it. Heaven knows we've all spend more than that on things we ended up not using. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

One thing I do is save as and name my layout.
You need help let us know.
There are some users here and on CS.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Agree with all of the advice here.

With PSE, the very best habit I ever established, was to start every project/page with a new blank 12x12 at 300dpi. Even quick pages. Then the next thing I do, is drag the quick page (or paper if I'm starting from scratch) onto the blank canvas. Then I close the original. I hate botching up my original!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Okay did I miss something - what canvas pages????? I thought I saw most things but maybe not.
Trixie wrote:Nope. :-( I don't even have publisher. Which one would you recommend if I have to buy one?

Judy
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Cheryl--we were at the same table weren't we?????????????? :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: