Basic Grey

LadyJaine

Basic Grey

Post by LadyJaine »

So, I finally went to the BG digital site and got two kits. Complete with the overlays, flourishes, alphabets and so on. Shopping was smooth, the server was pretty responsive.

However, the download server? Not so much. First, I'm used to clicking on all the links and setting up a list in DownThemAll. I can get up to 10 files at a time. As soon as one finishes, I start downloading the next one. I've set up lists that are over 100 items long. From BG, I can get ONE file at a time. And I've got to wait to connect to set up the download and then wait again to initiate the download. I click and wait. Then I click OK and wait even longer. Then the file starts downloading. Only when it is done, can I click for the next file. I am (whew!) on file 17 out of 28.

And, to add insult to injury, the system has a serious bug (that's not serious enough?) and though I had only gotten one actual file, it counted the attempts to start the download as actual downloads and you only get three downloads in a two week period. After that, you have to buy the stuff again.
ChristyB

Re: Basic Grey

Post by ChristyB »

what a pain.!
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

It gets worse. I finished downloading at about 2:30 AM. Now, after recovering from that late night, I'm unzipping. One file has part of the contents of itself included in the zip file, as a zip file. And the .jpg file that is always a 600 x 600 graphic of the whole kit? Is 837 x 837. The alphas are given in (sort of) two formats, but never individual letters. We will not get into the brushes/stamps. This is not a kit for a digital scrapping beginner. It would drive them nuts.
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Jean, wow, thanks for the info. I'll avoid that site for sure.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Dang.
I hope you sent them an email detailing all these issues!
Pam Cook #48
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

pamcook wrote:Dang.
I tried, but the Contact Us webpage returned an error. It's broken.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

LadyJaine wrote:
pamcook wrote:Dang.
I tried, but the Contact Us webpage returned an error. It's broken.
nice! :twisted:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh geez...
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

BG I tried to get a free wallpaper one time and it was suppose to take 1 hour to download.
I didn't get it-too long
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois