Why I haven't been Mysefl Lately and a good laugh :)

djenns

Why I haven't been Mysefl Lately and a good laugh :)

Post by djenns »

As many of you know - I went through a bout of Pneumonia that started around the 7th of Feb. Until last week I had no energy and couldn't figure out why I was tired all the time......Doc ordered a sleep study - talk about a fun night :D

I couldn't resist taking my camera as I knew that a pic of me ready for bed and all "wired for sound" would be a fun thing to use in the Comics digital kit. So - here it is.......

Hope you all enjoy the humor in this situation.......
"If we can't laugh at ourselves, it's just not fun"

Oh, and I do have Sleep apnea.........had the 2nd sleep study last night and they set up my Cpap setting for me - had a better night sleep than I've had in a while.....:)

Diana
Attachments
My Sleep Study v2.jpg
My Sleep Study v2.jpg (249.64 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
nancine

Re: Why I haven't been Mysefl Lately and a good laugh :)

Post by nancine »

We aren't laughing at you Diana, but with you!
BTW - my friend had that study and now wears the machine (I don't know what it's called) and she said she felt so much better. Didn't realize being tired and grumpy and some mood swings were all related to her sleep!
djenns

Post by djenns »

It's called a "C-Pap" stands for: Continuous positive airway pressure - allows a continuous passage of moist air (for me) through my air passage - to keep it from going shut and causing my heart to stop.....If it very serious........so, if you have trouble sleeping - snore a lot....you should talk to your Dr about it.....could save your life. During part of the sleep study, my heart stopped 60 x in one houts time.....normally your brain tells the diaphragm to kick in again....but there are sometimes that it might not......

Sorry for the long explantion, but it is helpful to know.

Diana
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Great layout Diana. Glad you are now getting better sleep.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

ooh Diana, my daughter has one also and says she never really knew what it felt to be 'rested'.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Love the picture-love the attitude and love that they figured out what is going.
60 times- :shock:
Paula

Post by Paula »

well, I know why you couldn't sleep-----you forgot your sleeping bonnet! :lol: :lol: :lol: I am so glad that they figured what was wrong, and you should have some restful days ahead! BTW--love, love. love the layout!!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Glad the study helped! Is that apparatus comfortable to wear? Very funny LO!
djenns

Post by djenns »

I haven't rec'd my apparatus yet......they had to figure out what settings, to use and the Dr wrote the prescription and I have to wait for them to get mine ready....should have early next week....I hope - in spite of the electrodes and wires the other night......I really only got about 4 hours of straight, uninterrupted sleep (that I'm aware of) but with the humidified air that I was breathing it felt good. Just takes a while to get use to it.

I'll report back after i've had mine a few days :)

Diana
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Great LO. I'm so glad that they found out what was wrong. Both of my in laws have a CPAP and they saw it has made a huge difference.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . dr wants me to go in for this test and I've been resisting it. :angry42: On average I get about 3hrs (5hrs on a very good night) of uninterrupted sleep. The best night sleep I've had in years was when I was in the hospital dopped up on pain medication. :sleep: So sad!!!

Cute lo, luv the attitude and glad you are finally getting so relief. Here is to a good night sleep my friend. :sleep:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I'm very proud of you for going ahead with the test. Too many people minimize the problem. Good for you for taking care of yourself!
Pam Cook #48
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

What a fantastic layout! Wish I'd thought to take my camera when I had my sleep study. What a nightmare of a night, but it sure paid off. I've been on the C-pap for 4 yrs and wow, what a difference it makes. It does take a little effort to get used to it, but stick with it, you won't be sorry.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I keep telling my dr. I'm exhausted and don't sleep well - maybe I should insist on a sleep study.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Diana, I do love that you thought of a camera. What a great attitude. It's wonderful that you got your answer.