Digi playing

Monica

Digi playing

Post by Monica »

Firstly, I would like to say that I know all of the things that I need to fix to make this better. ;) This was my second attempt and I am not showing you the first! Good thing pixels can be deleted with the push of a mouse. :lol: By the way, any of you techno wiz gals know how to layer a copy of the background image on top and 'erase' it around the faces to help eliminate the drastic contrast and hard edges?

This isn't actually scrapbooking of any sort; it's the main characters from the story I'm writing, and I decided to make a PC background of them. In another 6 or 8 tries I may finally get PSE figured out, but this gives you an idea.

The couple at the bottom are my OC (original character) Beth with canon Stargate Atlantis character Radek Zelenka. The four men along the right side are the members of an exploration team. Top to bottom: Bryan Reynolds, Beth's best friend; Josh Marx; Seamus O'Reilly (yes, he's Irish-Scottish); and Benji Neilson, all OCs. Aside from Radek, the others are pictures I found online that fit my mental image of the characters.

No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Re: Digi playing

Post by jmp1022 »

you can feather around you images

but I'm not a expert
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I could do it but it wouldn't be the quick and proper way using masking, etc. See what Rachelle says...
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Not going to sit and try to work it out tonight because my eyes are closing on me. But I did want to ask if you're planning to drink one of your techies and is that a new blend of Irish and Scotch whiskies? It should certainly pack a wallop! :lol: Use the word "Scot" or "Scottish" and you'll be talking about the man, not the liquor. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

This is one of the areas of digi where I'm stymied as well. I never get a very good layering of objects on top of a background. Always make a couple of extra duplicates of the layers your going to be working with and turn them off, in case you don't like it and want to start over. I do magnify it as big as possible when working though so I make small adjustments to the overall pic. And use a brush that is small and has a raggy edge.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

When you cut the person out of another photo, you need to feather the edges alot
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois
Monica

Post by Monica »

pbp908 wrote:Not going to sit and try to work it out tonight because my eyes are closing on me. But I did want to ask if you're planning to drink one of your techies and is that a new blend of Irish and Scotch whiskies? It should certainly pack a wallop! :lol: Use the word "Scot" or "Scottish" and you'll be talking about the man, not the liquor. ;)
:lol: I fixed it!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Fiddled some more tonight. Made a new sig. :)
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Hey it looks pretty good.
Where did you fond the top pic?
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois
Monica

Post by Monica »

jmp1022 wrote:Hey it looks pretty good.
Where did you fond the top pic?
The guy in the upper right-hand corner? Google pictures of Paul Walker.

If you mean the background, Google Stargate Atlantis pictures.

Or just let me know which one and I will email it to you. ;)
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

thanks
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois
Monica

Post by Monica »

Latest attempt. I'm getting better at removing backgrounds from behind images. Now I need to learn how to blend things together a bit more.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I'm so impressed - but I'll keep playing with my watercolor crayons. :lol: Figuring out how much water to use with them is about as technical as my brain can handle.

I hope you make so much money from your book that you can hire a team to handle these for your next book!
:happy94:
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

pamcook wrote:I'm so impressed - but I'll keep playing with my watercolor crayons. :lol: Figuring out how much water to use with them is about as technical as my brain can handle.

I hope you make so much money from your book that you can hire a team to handle these for your next book!
:happy94:
Thanks, Pam. ;) The book isn't being published like you think, though. It's on fanfiction.net and is purely for my personal amusement. There are copyright laws and such that I would be violating if it wasn't on a fanfic site. It's just fun to try creating a cover for my book!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I have lofty goals for you ;)
Pam Cook #48