Easy Card Base Workshop

mpizzazz

Easy Card Base Workshop

Post by mpizzazz »

Here are the instructions for the card bases I made and a photo of the finished cards. I used darker colors to make masculine cards. Besides the 9 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11" paper, I used one 12 x 12" print with all the swirls. I had a few pieces leftover so I cut an extra two card bases. So out of 10 sheets of paper, I got 14 basic cards.
Sorry but I do not remember where I got these instructions to give credit.
Easy Card Workshop
Easy Card Workshop
Easy Card Workshopweb.jpg (88.29 KiB) Viewed 1442 times

IMG_0624.JPG
IMG_0624.JPG (122.39 KiB) Viewed 1442 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
djenns

Re: Easy Card Base Workshop

Post by djenns »

Thanks for sharing this. I've seen the one sheet wonder from SCS and Nathalia's page but I think this looks best. I'm wanting to make up some card sets for gifts and this came at a great time.

Diana
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Thanks Marianne...this will def be useful.
LynnMath

Post by LynnMath »

mpizzazz wrote:Here are the instructions for the card bases I made and a photo of the finished cards. ... Sorry but I do not remember where I got these instructions to give credit.
Hi, Marianne -- Thanks for posting the directions! It was driving me crazy, seeing how familiar your description sounded, but I couldn't place exactly where I'd seen it before... Then when I saw your directions, it came back to me!

It was at the Club Scrap Retreat in 2006 that Karen held an optional evening workshop called Easy Greetings Workshop, with directions that looked exactly like what you showed.

In early 2008, I asked for the directions file from HQ, which they did provide. I then edited them a bit for my own use in holding FFC workshops:
Lynn's Easy Greeting Workshop
Lynn's Easy Greeting Workshop
EasyGreetingsWorkshop.jpg (116.13 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
Did you happen to attend the Retreat in 2006? It was in Neenah...

Thanks again for bringing it up... it's a great way to quickly whip up a number of cards!

Also, they might have used this workshop as one in the Rolling Retreats held locally...
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks so much, Lynn, for solving the mystery. I don't remember doing it at a Rolling Retreat but we may have. The only Main Retreat I went to was in 2008.

So many times, instructions concentrate on what to put on the card but not on making the base cards and panels to get started. This is especially a great aid for newbies or anyone in a hurry to get to the fun part-decorating the fronts.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
djenns

Post by djenns »

Lynn, I wasn't at retreat, but that is the diagram for the Ace of Hearts.....using 3 sheets of 8.5 x 11 and makes 4 cards..........

so 9 sheets would make 12 cards......I knew your diagrams looked familiar......now I know what I'm going to use to make some gifts sets.....
Thanks
This is a great bunch :)
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Wow Diana...very observant of you...
Paula

Post by Paula »

Oh great, more stuff on my to do list :greenbounce: These look awesome, I just have to do some :mrgreen:
djenns

Post by djenns »

julierealtor wrote:Wow Diana...very observant of you...
Julie - I bought one of the Idea Cards for Cards and have been through it dozens of times and that particular card was used a lot by others in psl.......I'm going to play with it now :)

Thanks
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Thanks Marianne and Lynn! I am in hopes that I can try these soon.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

That looks like a great project to do this week.
Great thing to have on hand for hostess gifts.
If I could get the laundry done and close this computer, I have several projects to keep me busy the rest of the day!
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Maryanne and Lynn - thank you both for posting this. I agree that just having a quick set of bases and panels goes a long way towards a fantastic gift set. In Marianne's finished examples, it dawned on me that I should gather up all of my leftover GTG tags and use them on these easy bases. It's a great way to use up those leftovers - especially if you still happened to have some 8.5x11 cardstock from that same kit. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Most of my bases were from Apothecary and Private Eye, two kits I haven't used much and don't much care for. Then I chose the print paper since it had the greens, grey, rust and brown and the white to spark it up a bit. Then I chose the little greetings because they went with the colors. They mostly came from Sparkle and Haberdashery. As long as the colors go, don't worry about having the original papers. Use your print paper to tie it all together.

By the way, I store all those leftover greetings from GTG sets in a 4 x 6" pocket photo album. I cut them apart and put them in pockets with all the 'thank yous' together, 'thinking of yous' together, 'get wells' together, birthdays, etc. Then you can go through and pull them out and find something the right color.

Then if you make the box from the Body and Soul scrap rap, you have a really nice set of cards for a gift.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I think I threw all of my GTG leftovers in with the embellishment pack leftovers for each kit, and I need to dig all of those out again. I like your idea of grouping them by sentiment in a 4x6 album. That would come in very handy!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
LynnMath

Post by LynnMath »

mpizzazz wrote:... By the way, I store all those leftover greetings from GTG sets in a 4 x 6" pocket photo album. I cut them apart and put them in pockets with all the 'thank yous' together, 'thinking of yous' together, 'get wells' together, birthdays, etc. Then you can go through and pull them out and find something the right color.
Excellent idea, Marianne! I was at Big Lots yesterday checking out the Cricut cartridges & Cuttlebug folders there (minimal), and came across a package of 2 of those 4 x 6 albums... I didn't know why, but I just KNEW I should get them, so I spent the $4.00. Now I know why!!! Thanks for that idea!!