a flower technique book...WK 6..Ribbon flowers, more

InkPattie

Re: a flower technique book...WEEK FOUR

Post by InkPattie »

Beth, I think you can make them any size--whatever diameter circle you punch will be the radius of the final flower. It looks like RuthAnn used 2" circles, so she ended up with a 4" flower.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

did you see this tutorial Ruth Ann?

http://tina-mypaperpantry.blogspot.com/ ... orial.html
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

No, I haven't seen that one, but don't have a heart punch as of yet....I've been trying to start with simple circle or scallop punches and no particular equipment first so that those that do not have the punches or dies can make some of the flowers....will try some of the specialized ones later...trying not to make this a costly adventure....it's a killer flower, tho.
Ruth Ann Landry

Here is a posy type flower.
1. Cut circle in desired size...the larger one here is 3"
2. with a pencil, free hand a spiral on the circle and then cut
3. beginning with the outside, pointed edge, begin rolling the circle toward the center. (i always roll between my fingers so that the top and especially the bottom of the roll are pretty much even)
4. apply a dollop of adhesive (I use fast glue) onto the circle on the end or inside of the spiral using that as the base of the flower.
5. Let the spiral unwind or relax a little and adhere to glued center.
6. Add bauble...
Attachments
2006 07 24 001.JPG
2006 07 24 001.JPG (23.86 KiB) Viewed 886 times
2006 07 24 002.JPG
2006 07 24 002.JPG (24.18 KiB) Viewed 886 times
2006 07 24 003.JPG
2006 07 24 003.JPG (24.56 KiB) Viewed 886 times
Sharonv

Re: a flower technique book...WEEK FIVE

Post by Sharonv »

Hi RA and all

Here's one to use up your stash of ribbons to make gorgeous flowers :)

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resou ... onblossom/
Ruth Ann Landry

very pretty...maybe i'll give it a try....I have some others of ribbon i will post also
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

You're doing a great job with this RA...I need to catch up.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

all the flowers you are making are just beautiful.
Ruth Ann Landry

thanks, Christy and all.....it's fun...I'm learning some new stuff....and I appreciate all the sites you are sending me.....
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

I found a link this morning to this site. I'd like to try this one.

http://valitasfreshfolds.blogspot.com/2 ... -plus.html
Ruth Ann Landry

nice flower...I'll have to try that one...
Ruth Ann Landry

I've had a few inquiries about adding flowers here....This is not my site, per se...just wanted to share what I was learning along the way. Here is what I've been thinking thus far....As you will note, the flowers that I've done thus far are using two simple punches that prob most people have or can replicate...a circle, or a scallop circle...I've not done any of the many flowers I've found that use a specific die cut or punches as I wanted to keep from using supplies that either I don't have, or many of you might not have. That way, those who have just the basic equipment can still make a large variety of flowers without adding to the cost. When I (and YOU) have exhausted what I (and YOU) can do with those simple methods, I am anxious to try the more specialized flowers: ie with TH's dies and such...I just didn't want to frustrate people and have them give up by using specialized tools to make the flowers at first. I will run out of ideas and want you all to add what you've made (with directions, please) and photos. You can certainly add what you're doing at any time...or variations you've found on the basic things we've done so far.......I have some cool ribbon flowers coming up soon... Thanks for your enthusiasm and help by sending links to me......
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm catching up with the flowers this weekend before I get back into scrapping.
Since I have an abundance of grey paper, I am cutting that into 8 1/2 x 3 5/8" tags for my flower book.
Here are the first four:
I used the crimper on the first one. Second one is misted. Third has edges painted with white paint to define them-I liked this one a lot and also the simple scalloped ones.
Flowers 1
Flowers 1
IMG_0612.JPG (238.9 KiB) Viewed 845 times
Second Four:
I used some of my thin handmade paper for the ruffled one-it's my favorite. I glued the finished flower to a spare scalloped circle. Did the two from CK that Monica posted. I could not get the hang of the Jeweled Flower on the 'folding into thirds' step so I just left it.
Flowers 2
Flowers 2
IMG_0613.JPG (223.05 KiB) Viewed 845 times
Last Three:
I'll add other heart flowers to Cheryl's lonely little hearts flower. The fancy folded one reminds me of teabag folding which could offer a lot of styles of flowers. I like the last one which reminds me of an orange peel coiled up. I dropped blobs of glossy accents in the center and dropped small beads in it.
Flowers 3
Flowers 3
IMG_0614.JPG (244.41 KiB) Viewed 845 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Ruth Ann Landry

wow, marianne...nice job and i love the grey tags for the pages....the folding in thirds is not hard, perhaps I could have explained it better...let me go back and look and I'll see if there is a simpler way...
Ruth Ann Landry

hmmm...try folding circle in half, then folding one (1/3) side to center and the other (1/3) side over that to center....it should look like an ice cream cone when you are done....actually, the whole process is just to break down the fibers in the paper so that it will crinkle and curl when dampened....."scrunching" the paper may give nearly the same effect.