My fimo jewelry attempt...#1

Ruth Ann Landry

My fimo jewelry attempt...#1

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

while you all were turning green and red, here's what I was trying...some jewelry from fimo, stamped with CS art deco, painted with pearl ex, and mounted with assorted doodads......Not too bad for a first try...have 2 more pieces cooling.
Attachments
fimo jewelry 1 001.JPG
fimo jewelry 1 001.JPG (27.22 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
azemigh

Re: My fimo jewelry attempt...#1

Post by azemigh »

Oh Yeah!! I like! :creating:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Cool!!!
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

love these Ruth Ann...another item with a pasta machine still sitting in boxes...these are gorgeous!
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

Beautiful!
Ruth Ann Landry

thanks..i knew that pasta machine my DB got me would come in handy someday
ESIDER

Post by ESIDER »

Those are beautiful! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Luly

Post by Luly »

Very cool stuff Ruth Ann!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Ooooooooooooooooh..... Not bad at all!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

WOW! Those are awesome! When you say "paint with pearl ex", does that mean that you dry brushed it on, or did you mix it with something to make a paint? I have lots of pearl ex, but I've never had good results trying to paint with it.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Ruth Ann Landry

It's just dry brushed on and it bakes on, I guess, as it does not bleed at all....
nancine

Post by nancine »

these turned out really great. Do you bake them in an oven dedicated to Fimo?
Ruth Ann Landry

nope...regular oven in glass dish with parchment paper on the bottom of the dish...I've baked other things before with no ill effects, so I guess I'm good....LOL
Ruth Ann Landry

you got me thinking about this, so I looked it up:
They all share the same method of curing which is exposure to low heat (275 degrees F for Polyform clays), while ceramic clays or clays occurring in nature require the use of high temperature kilns to cure, polymer clays need only toaster ovens or the oven in your home to render them permanent. Polymer clay is NEVER to be placed in a microwave oven. Never. They are NOT designed to cure in a microwave environment.

Polymer clays are non toxic and perfectly safe when properly used. There is a saying, "A little common sense goes a long way" and it applies here, too. Never burn your clay; fumes from burnt clay are toxic and should be avoided. Invest in an oven thermometer and a timer then use them! Follow the package instructions to the letter and you'll have no problem. Should you accidentally burn your clay, do not inhale the fumes; open a window and leave until the fumes have dissipated, 20 minutes or so. If you elect to use a convection oven, reduce the temperature 10 to 20 degrees to compensate for the accelerated cooking.

Don't use polymer clay to make food storing or holding items. It's a non toxic material but you still don't want to ingest it. Decorative use only, please. This leaves, cookie molds, cups, glasses, etc. out of the picture. Believe me, there are plenty of uses for this marvelous medium that don't involve direct contact with food.
yocasta

Post by yocasta »

They are beautiful Ruth Ann :happywave: