HOLIDAY RECIPES 2011

Got a good recipe? Feel free to share
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: HOLIDAY RECIPES 2011

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I strained and rebottled my cranberry vodka today and it looks beautiful...a nice bright red...and I may have lost less than a shot in the marinating process...I kept the bottle, rinsed it out and reused it for the cranberry vodka....and since I used smirnoff...the red label and cap make it look pretty nice!
djenns

Post by djenns »

I'm coordinating a comfy - cozy dinner for 150 of our closest neighbors and friends - there will be 6 turkeys - 3 hams, a variety of potato dishes, veggies dishes, salades and yummy deserts.....makes it really difficult to stick to a weight loss program - so I'm just going to be good every day but THursday and I'm going to be thankful for the weight I've lost and will just get back on track on Friday :)

Wishing you all the best of Thanksgiving wishes - I'm very thankful to have some great crafty friends like you all.

Diana

ps. Paula - save me a piece of Boston Creme pie :)
Monica

Post by Monica »

I made curried pumkpin soup last night, Chocodiles this morning, and will be making Toffee Pumpkin cheesecake after I find my springform pan. If you want recipes, pm me your email and I'll send them to you. Scans are too big to dump on PAO. ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Paula

Post by Paula »

djenns wrote:I'm coordinating a comfy - cozy dinner for 150 of our closest neighbors and friends - there will be 6 turkeys - 3 hams, a variety of potato dishes, veggies dishes, salades and yummy deserts.....makes it really difficult to stick to a weight loss program - so I'm just going to be good every day but THursday and I'm going to be thankful for the weight I've lost and will just get back on track on Friday :)

Wishing you all the best of Thanksgiving wishes - I'm very thankful to have some great crafty friends like you all.

Diana

ps. Paula - save me a piece of Boston Creme pie :)
Have fun Diana!! And I will try to save a piece for you :happy94:
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Just going to be me and DH. We've started on the demo of our master bath and will be continuing that right on through the holiday. Going to make a leg o lamb and save the turkey for when Will is home at Christmas time. Hope you all have a wonderful T-Day!
betty innc

Post by betty innc »

I have a delicious recipe that I would like to share with everyone. Cynthia sent it to me last week. I carried it to an all day crop on Saturday. It was a BIG hit.

PUMPKIN LUST CAKE
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 (16 oz) container cool whip
2 small packages Jello Instant Pumpkin Spice Pudding
3 cup cold milk

For crust:
Combine butter, flour, chopped pecans and sugar. Press into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake @ 375 for 10-15 minutes. Cool completely.

Cream Cheese Layer
Beat cream cheese, powdered supar and 1 1/2 cups cool whip until smooth. Spread over crust.

Pumpkin layer
Mix pudding mixes with cold milk, whisking for several minutes. Set it in the fridge for
5 - 10 minutes to let it thicken. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with remaining cool whip.

I will be making another one for Thanksgiving Dinner.

Betty innc