Sweet tooth, anyone?

Got a good recipe? Feel free to share
jfugina

Sweet tooth, anyone?

Post by jfugina »

This is my dining room. If I had a sweet tooth, this would be very very very bad. :lol:
Attachments
cookies2.jpg
cookies2.jpg (57.33 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
cookies1.jpg
cookies1.jpg (56.46 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
EDelValle

Re: Sweet tooth, anyone?

Post by EDelValle »

Do you deliver????
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Holey moley! It's cookie heaven!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

I was cookie mom one year. The same year that I was the troup leader. I do look back fondly on those memories now!!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Paula - I'm milkin' it for all it's worth!! :lol: I am totally playing the supermom card wherever I get an opportunity. I didn't really want the job, since my time at home is so limited, but no one else would volunteer - not even one of our 4 SAHMs. I figured it was only for a couple months out of the year, and it gave me another item for that "she who does it all" list. :lol:

Of course, I don't have any kids in sports, so that still makes my "does it all" list only half as long as some moms, who I swear have mastered cloning technology and just haven't let the rest of us know about it. :shock:
Julie Fugina
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

EDelValle wrote:Do you deliver????
:lol: To New York? Um, no. I am delivering some of the girls orders' to Sk8 Galaxy (roller skating rink) this weekend for the parents to take with them after Nicole's birthday party.
Julie Fugina
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Julie,
Would you deliver to the South 40? I'd definitely order a few boxes for my DD as a surprise if you could get them to her dorm or to her post office box on campus! Really, you could probably sell quite a bit of what is in your dining room on the South 40! LOL Let me know and I will send you a check. I'll be away until Sunday.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Sure Lynn! I hadn't really thought of that - maybe next year I'll check with campus housing to see if we can do a booth near the dorms. I'm sure you're right - it would be a huge hit!

PM me what you'd like to send, and I'll make sure you get my mailing address for the check. :-) I'll be going to the cookie pantry on Friday for orders that have come in since the order forms were collected, and I'll pick up whatever you want, and get them to her next week.
Julie Fugina
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

I was cookie mom a few years and DH was 'popcorn colonel' for DS's cub scout and boy scout troops the whole time he was in scouting (he's and eagle). DH had a system and he sold hundreds of boxes of cookies and popcorn over the years for the kids and delivered. memories, memories.
Right now we are eagerly awaiting the arival of the cookies Ginny ordered from a gal at work. I will also buy from any booth I encounter. Personally I feel that cookie and popcorn sales are good experience for the kids and as long as the child asks me-not the parent-I will buy something-especially the cookies. They freeze well and a box of GS cookies is a great thing to take to Mom in the nursing home. A lot of the troops are also doing cookies for the troops-you pay for a box and they send it to our servicemen and women. What a treat from home! Can you tell I'm still a cookie mom at heart even after all these years? ;)
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

already have my 16 boxes here (sshhh the fam thinks we only have 4--the rest are Tag Alongs and they are all mine-ALL MINE)
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

I totally agree, Christy! Tags are my favorite, too! I kind of miss the cookies in IN because IL uses a different baker and I don't like them quite as well. Of course that is better for the waistline. ;)
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Judi - our area just switched bakers this year, and with it, all of the names changed! :-o People are all confused. It used to be Little Brownie Bakers, but now we've got ABC. One of our leaders grew up in IN and sold cookies there, and she said that the names of the cookies are (now) exactly like what they were when she was a kid. So I'm guessing the baker that Eastern MO is using is the same as what IN used all those years ago. Tagalongs are now "Peanut Butter Patties". Dumb name. Descriptive, yes. But everyone is all confused about what they ordered.

The Samoas were the ones that I used to order just for me. And if a box of Tagalongs survived long enough, they'd be all mine too. Last year, Jake discovered them, and I found the empty box under a piece of furniture. :lol:
Julie Fugina
Monica

Post by Monica »

Ooooo... Girl Scout cookies are da bomb! I love the Samoas, although they aren't called that here anymore... they have some other odd name, but the picture is the same! I always wondered why it wasn't consistent with the names, as people get used to ordering them by name and then can't figure what to buy when they change 'em.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

We used Little Brownie Bakers back in the day and had Trefoils, Tagalongs, Savannahs, Thin Mints (of course), lemon Cremes and something else that changed frequently. Ginny was selling when Savannahs were introduced and my folks ADORED them. I don't like coconut, so I preferred the Tags but I know when I moved to TN the names changed and when I moved here they changed again. I think the names are usually chosen by the baker but I am surprised that Little Brownie Bakers isn't still using the same names. Maybe they have been sold. The boxes still are the same color so I can usually figure it out. :)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Girl Scout cookies are the easiest thing in the world to sell-everybody loves them and remembers them fondly. I think college campuses would be great places to sell cookies.
DD actually went online to find a troop that was selling cookies in January since she was leaving on the 26th. She found one in PA selling that early so did a little detour up there to get some before she left.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com