So excited about a local LSS!

Buy local
tlscrap

So excited about a local LSS!

Post by tlscrap »

So, we don't have anything in our area for a scrapbook store, if I want art supplies, markers, etc., there's a local art supply store, but for anything else, we have to travel between 45 minutes up to an hour and a half for Michaels, Joanns, etc...

WELL! In my search for a particular Hero Arts Stamp, I see there's one that's been in business since 2003, and it an hour away, but the good thing about this one, or maybe it's a bad thing? ... it's in my travel area on Tuesday's for work! So guess who's checking out a new LSS this morning?!

From their website, they also offer retreat deals, altered art classes, card making classes, Cricut classes, well, I don't have a Cricut yet... but ... ;)
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Debbie J

Re: So excited about a local LSS!

Post by Debbie J »

Sounds like fun!!!
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

...and looks like they've got 12 hour crops, too!
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

ooohhh
Enjoy!!!!

The ability to walk into an actual store to do scrapbook shopping is both so much fun and dangerous at the same time :lol:
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Awesome news!

I think I've been spoiled having both Michaels and Archivers so easily accessible. And recently the closest JoAnn moved to a massive new space and their craft supply area is larger than their whole previous store. I rarely get anything at those stores besides staple items (adhesive, ink, etc), but I am happy knowing that they'll be there when I need them. We also have a few LSSs in the area, but not close enough for a quick run on a Saturday. Most of them are at least 30 minutes away, but there are three that I know of that have been around for a VERY long time, and I count on them staying around. Because I agree with Christy - sometimes there's just no substitute for seeing and touching in person.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Was able to stop in for 20 minutes! She has TONS of classes! Plus... she has Tim Holtz supplies!!! TH Dies!! And I bought a Nestabilities die that I'd been wanting but didn't want to pay shipping on! She ordered a Hero Art Poppy stamp I wanted online, but was out of stock and it will be in next week! Yay!!!!! I was very good to my debit card ;)
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Theresa, it's so wonderful to find an LSS, especially with the good stuff you found. I'm 60 minutes from any LSS -- just the chain stores around here and they're 30 minutes away at least.