North Carolina

Buy local
troublesmom

Re: North Carolina

Post by troublesmom »

I need to pick my jaw up off the floor!!!! I have always heard of it but never been. Let me know when you want to go again Beth. I WILL make plans to go
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Oh Beth - I did NOT need to see that!

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Yippee! I knew pics would get you!!! :lol:
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

You know we could take a side trip from our scrapping weekend ;) ;) ;)
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Paula

Post by Paula »

Wow, that place looks awesome! Wish I could come next time too :mrgreen:

Paula
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Beth - How far is this from Chapel Hill? Could it be a field trip???

I did not need to see this. I did not need to see this. I did not need to see this.

Pam
Pam P.

ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pbp908 wrote:Beth - How far is this from Chapel Hill? Could it be a field trip???

I did not need to see this. I did not need to see this. I did not need to see this.

Pam
:lol: :lol: :lol:
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

It's not close, Pam and Cheryl. We timed it at 90 minutes to our house without stopping. We usually drive 5 or so over the speed limit.

You're going to make me look at the map. Talking I-40 here ... the campground is off exit 263 and you get on highway 421 north at exit 188, then drive 6 miles to exit 244. So it's (263-188) + 6 = 81 miles. Plus the few minutes off the freeway at each end. You can go 65 or better most of the way, assuming you take the bypass around Greensboro. I always figure on 2 hours of shopping and they are not open on Sundays, normally.

What I'm thinking for those of you (Pam, Laurie) who live so far away, that if you are going to the Stamp Scrap Art Tour in July in Winston-Salem, that would be the perfect time to go. EC would be open extended hours to support that and probably running a shuttle.

For Cheryl and Christy, it's easily doable as long as you don't have too many other plans that day.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I know it is pretty much an all day trip. Since I am about 1 hour from Durham it is close to 3 hours. Normally I could get one of my neighbors to go but since her hubby is out of work I'm pretty sure she won't do it. I would like to go during the week maybe, less crowded
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Cheryl,

Even yesterday it wasn't bad. But you should have seen all the husbands wandering around waiting for the wives. My guess is that there were no more than a dozen cars in the parking lot. We did have to step around each other a time or two, but I've seen a bigger crowd at AC Moore. :D

And the I-40 traffic! Give me a Saturday, anytime! We went through Greensboro so we could stop at Olive Garden for lunch. That is not my idea of fun driving, but it was SO good. I miss having one close.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

My guess is that you won't be ready to go back for a while. Wonder if I can convince Joe to go with me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Oh brother - I've got to save a ton of money between now and July!

Pam
Pam P.

jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

to bad that i have pledged not to shop until i get my scraproom completely organized.
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

I think Jenn and i need to plan a weekend field trip to see some of these places.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Have any of you been to The Stamping & Scrapping Room in Greensboro? I am going there on the 28th for a Copic class but I know she carries Nesties. I plan on doing the whole store soon.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO