Bernie Berlin magazine with gesso/ nvr-dull

ChristyB

Re: Bernie Berlin magazine with gesso/ nvr-dull

Post by ChristyB »

great tags by the way, and I love the idea for quotes & stuff
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I know the song "meaner than a junk yard dog" but can't think who does it.....
Monica

Post by Monica »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:I know the song "meaner than a junk yard dog" but can't think who does it.....
Isn't the song Bad Bad Leroy Brown? If so, it's Jim Croce.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Ruth Ann Landry

that's it!!!
neith

Post by neith »

those tags are awesome!!!!

I was thinking that when I get around to making altered books, one will be all song lyrics and otehr quotes that I love :) In college, when my boyfriend went to Japan for the year, I used to send care packages... one was a journal that I did alter :) I added all kinds of photos and magazine images with different quotes as little bits of inspiration to write letters, essays, or poems, etc with them as a starting point, etc.. the idea was that he'd add more pages with similar pieces after he wrote on the batch that I'd begun, and trade with me when he came home for a visit... he had a lot of trouble packing within the new minimums on the way home and had too manny gifts to bring and it got left behind... we broke up maybe a month later though, so I never saw it again. We did get back in touch though and were just chatting two nights ago... I had one of the girls sleeping on the floor near me, waiting for me to scoop her up into my bed and his kids are doing various things that wind up with them in his bed, half the time he gets stuck leaving and sleeping in one of the kids' beds to get some space for himself hehe. Definitely happy that we're back in touch, but I'm sure the journal is long gone and not something I could ask to see!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Veerrrryyy Good, Christy and Monica :happywave:

Forgot to mention before that I am putting the song title, artist, year it came out, etc on the backs of the tags.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Luly

Post by Luly »

Ok, stupid question. Nvr Dull?
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Luly from what I understand it is very stinky stuff you find in the car area of stores, like with car cleaning products etc...
Luly

Post by Luly »

Ok, I could see if I come across some. Or just pick another project. I love these!!! They look great.
luv2scrapbook

Post by luv2scrapbook »

i was gonna ask the same question. so nve dull is car stuff? i want to try.
Ruth Ann Landry

yes, nevr dull is a chrome cleaner (and as I posted the other day, GREAT for cleaning that good silver for the holidays)!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

:bump: for Pam
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Here is another nvr-dull background finished with a quote I like. I left quite a bit of color in the background so didn't add any extra. The heart and script stamp came from England and hourglass stencil is from the Time and Space kit. I traced it onto plastic and filled it in with a white Souffle pen.

The rest of the quote is on the back. The quote is Love is like an hourglass with the heart filling up as the brain empties-Jean Renard-1864 to 1910. He said a lot of good stuff.
Attachments
nvr-dull bkg
nvr-dull bkg
NevrDullBkg.jpg (72.15 KiB) Viewed 1612 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

oooohhhh cool tag and great quote!