Bernie Berlin Phone book paper / string

InkPattie

Re: Bernie Berlin Phone book paper / string

Post by InkPattie »

When we did the recent swap of thick ATCs, I used foam core board, and cut out a little frame, and lined it with part of a page out of the government section of the phone book. My scanner doesn't want you to read the numbers of Palm Beach County government workers, so it blurred them all.

The side was wrapped with "red tape". Get it? :lol:
Attachments
phonebook0001.jpg
phonebook0001.jpg (225.43 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
flojo

Post by flojo »

mpizzazz wrote:Here are my examples of this technique. Since I don't have the book, I wasn't sure what to do with the string so.....
The first two are just phone book paper with the string wrapped around. I used a glaze with Scattered Straw Distress Reinker in it for the aging. The one page is from the restaurant section of the phone book so I added Bistro stamp and cutout and woman from a magazine picture.
The other page has a clear tape transfer of a map on it so the phone book paper shows through it faintly.
PhoneBookString.jpg
The third one I wrapped the tag with the string first, glued the phone book paper over that tightly and then inked on the raised string areas and around the edges with red ink. added a strip of a picture, paisleys cut with Cuttlebug from a flat fridge magnet. These were left from the recycling challenge on the PSL. Lyrics from another song I like. This should be an easy one, almost the whole thing is there.
PhoneBookString1.jpg
This is really strange: My hubby was in another room watching "The Replacements" on TV and I heard that song playing. I scrolled down to the next tag and there were the words to the song. Wierd huh? Scary!
Luly

Post by Luly »

Great work ladies.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Cool, Pattie, The man looks like our dentist. I really like these phone book backgrounds.

Lynn, that's a creepy co-incidence, isn't it! My DD won't play that song on purpose it has to just happen on the radio. I have it on my ipod but it's always on shuffle so that way it's random too. Weird!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
rinda

Post by rinda »

Here's four tags I made for the altered manilla tag swap (fill-in), using the phone book background. The clipart are all my heritage photos of relatives on my mother's side of the family.
Rinda
Attachments
heritagephonetag1.jpg
heritagephonetag1.jpg (49.74 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
heritagephonetag2.jpg
heritagephonetag2.jpg (56.14 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
rinda

Post by rinda »

I did almost all the Bernie Berlin techniques last year for a do something creative everyday challenge. Here's the card I did with the string technique. It's political and personal, but I trust you guys to be nice. I do a lot of anti-slavery/ anti-trafficking work in my real job as a law professor, and this card expreesses my hopes that someday all people will truly be free and is a salute to those who are working hard to take control of their lives and end slavery.
Rinda
Attachments
everyday14.jpg
everyday14.jpg (62.57 KiB) Viewed 1156 times
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

great work Rinda
Your tags are beautiful. I hope I get one.
0And your ATC speaks a very powerful message. Thank you for sharing it with us
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Rinda they are wonderful tags.
:watchsanta:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Rinda - Wonderful art and wonderful statement. Art should be a personal reflection.

To use an old southern phrase - You done good.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com