Emboss Resist

pamcook

Emboss Resist

Post by pamcook »

This technique really is easy (especially following transfers! LOL!). Most stampers know how to do this but Bernie uses acrylic paints (so does Tim on some of his projects).
Choose your background color(s) and paint your card with acrylic paint. Let it dry (bo-ring).
Use embossing ink or versamark ink to stamp an image onto the background. Sprinkle with clear embossing powder, tap off excess and use your heat gun to emboss. Dry brush another color of acrylic paint over the card and allow it to dry.
Now - she says to lay a scrap piece of paper on top and then use a hot iron to iron the project - causing the embossing to lift off - you will probably need to do this a few times.
Now, Tim has a great video showing how to use acrylic paint (specifically his paint daubers) as a resist. Here's a link to that - http://www.timholtz.com/vid_dabber-resist

Now, I have known for a long time that an iron is a tool of the devil. I don't own one any more! (although I did see one just like Bernie's at the flea market today and seriously considered buying it!) I just heated the scrap paper with my embossing tool while I brayered it with my other hand. You would have been impressed. I don't have enough contrast but it did work to use the embossing gun & a brayer (to remove the embossing). In real life, I would probably not bother - just use a damp towel to remove the paint/ink from the embossing. But I do feel like I'm being artistic :)
2010_02210002 (Medium).JPG
2010_02210002 (Medium).JPG (61.76 KiB) Viewed 2085 times
Pam Cook #48
Paula

Re: Emboss Resist

Post by Paula »

beautiful!!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, Pam that is gor-ge-ou-so!!! I thought I was missing out on some BB techniques and finally decided to have a look. I don't know how I missed the last few. I'll have to revisit this technique when I get home. I love resists and the ironing off usually makes it look like a batik.

You could also get a little craft iron that is a small triangular thing that quilters and crafters use.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Very nice-I'll have to give that a try.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I have done a bunch of these.
My biggest tip is when you iron. Peel the scrap paper off quickly while it is warm. As soon as it cools the embossing powder hardens again and your paper will stick.
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

OMG....where do you get the crafting iron? I was thinking my DH's :lol: clothes iron. (You just HAVE to love the Marine Corps - they come out of boot camp and can really clean a bathroom and iron ;) ).
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Heidi Swapp had a cute pink one out - haven't seen one in a while though.
Sounds like a job for google.
Pam Cook #48
djenns

Post by djenns »

I may have to try this out..........I only use my iron to press out ribbons......one thing about being retired - my wardrobe is tshirts and jeans......and to verify just ask Paula & Rachelle .......

Diana
Paula

Post by Paula »

djenns wrote:I may have to try this out..........I only use my iron to press out ribbons......one thing about being retired - my wardrobe is tshirts and jeans......and to verify just ask Paula & Rachelle .......

Diana
but not always black tshirts! :lol: