Creative Chemistry Day 8

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
mpizzazz

Re: Creative Chemistry Day 8

Post by mpizzazz »

Nice job, Monica. I love the wheat tag and the others look like they turned out perfectly.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

These are all beautiful.

I want Tim to release a die with that bird. It's one of my favorites.
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Another bunch of lovely tags.

Great work everyone! :happywave: :happywave: :happywave:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Monica

Post by Monica »

Thank you, everyone!

Marianne, I love that wheat stamp and the picture really doesn't do it justice. Ditto with the shattered Stains heart.. IRL it's not so dark but very cool.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
teacherreilley

Post by teacherreilley »

Third tag is definitely my favorite, I haven't really tried inking a background in soft colors like that plus I just really like that Rocky Candy Crackle Distress!

Your first tag looks really well blended! I am having a hard time blending with the stains especially on the canvas since I can't start with a layer of water like you can on a paper tag.
Monica

Post by Monica »

If you've got the canvas stuck down to a craft sheet, there's no reason you can't mist it before applying the stains. The only tip I can think of is to make sure you've primed the stain tip and start off the canvas when squeezing. Some of my coolest backgrounds (like tag #3 for this day) were done by using the inks I had on the craft sheet after creating a technique tag.... no reason to let that go to waste when I can spritz it with a little water and sop it up with another tag!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Keitha, I love your bird!

My 3 for day 8. Not very impressive, but done! I didn't have a die cut that I really wanted to play with, so used a couple that I knew I had little use for. I'm still not a fan of Distress Crackle paint - threw 2 jars away before I made this. Don't even like it enough to have Ranger replace it. :lol:

I may go back to tag #1 and doctor it a bit - it's just too plain as is. I know it's for the technique, but I'd like the technique more if the tag were prettier.
TimTagsDay8.jpg
TimTagsDay8.jpg (201.17 KiB) Viewed 839 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Those look great, Pam! I never had luck with the DCP either... I have more luck using acrylic paint, and using crackle medium with it...
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

At least you have them done.
I'm not too fond of the distress crackle but I tried it and will post

I like the stamps you used in the 2nd one and the background. I love that 3rd background too
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Wowza! Some fantastic looking tags here! Looking forward to getting to this day soon!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I love the French script background - it's rapidly becoming my favorite.
Pam P.

jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I'm finished with day 8. all 3 tags.
I'm not fond of that stuff.
It started to chip off on tag 2
Attachments
Day-8-Tag1,2,3.jpg
Day-8-Tag1,2,3.jpg (14.64 KiB) Viewed 826 times
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Monica

Post by Monica »

I've discovered that for me thinning out the crackle paint a bit really made a difference. Most of what I had was from the original batches before they started thinning out what went in the bottles, and Ranger replaced about 15 bottles that dried up completely on me. The new formula is more liquid and seems to hold up better. That said, the only one I really use on a regular basis is Rock Candy!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Mine were the original batch, and I've been thinning them since day 1. Two of them were completely dried up - so dried up that the brush was stuck in the glop. As for my rock candy, this is only the second time that I've used it and the bottle is over 3/4 empty. I don't understand what happened to the rest of it - dried up maybe? - because these two pieces and one snowman are the only things it's been used for. Not a very good value for my money to my way of thinking. I might purchase another bottle of the rock candy, but only if it's full to the brim. I'm like Theresa - I can get the same results using Folk Art crackle (and hide glue), and it never dries up on me. Don't have to have the TH logo to make me happy.
Pam P.

Monica

Post by Monica »

That was the same problem I had with the original batches.... and the metallics are a PITA for all that they look cool. I've never bought the crackle finish paint, so my only experience with the stuff is these. The crackle paints are on my "use it this year" list, so we'll see how that goes. ;) I like the look on the 2nd tag for this day, so will be trying it with all the colors I have. I know that a couple of the old ones I had left were dried up as of the day this was posted, but I have most of the colors to play with. I'll either love it or hate it by the time I'm done!!

Now if only Ranger would sell huge jars of Rock Candy Distress Stickles... that I could seriously get into. ;)