Tim Tags 2008 Techniques and Stamps

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
mpizzazz

Tim Tags 2008 Techniques and Stamps

Post by mpizzazz »

Below is a list of the Techniques and Stamps used for the 2008 Tim Tags and a small reference photo from his blog. See below the list for the link to his blog with all the supplies and details. This is a quick reference to which tags use which techniques so it's easy to find them.
Tim Tags 2008
Tim Tags 2008
tags_2008.jpg (73.13 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
Tag 1-Masking and distress ink misting, grungeboard, Music stamp
Tag 2-Alcohol ink/metallic mixative smoosh background, distressed grungeboard, Trees stamp
Tag 3-Black and white/color stampings with Fragment, painting metal, Santa, Scroll, Frame and Script stamps
Tag 4-Photo printing on sticky back canvas, decoupaged metal letters, December stamp
Tag 5-Painting over clear embossing on black cardstock, Script and Scrollwork stamps
Tag 6-Alcohol Ink palette, painting on transparency, distress ink/craft sheet background, Sheet Music, Pine Branch and Splatter stamps
Tag 7-Crackle paint, distressed grungeboard snowman, water spots on distress ink, UTEE snow, Flakes stamp
Tag 8-Crackle/alcohol ink ornaments, Paramount collage and Merry Christmas stamps
Tag 9-Paint/distress ink background, Santa, Postcard, Script and Juniper stamps
Tag 10-Making custom misters, masking, painting over embossed grungeboard, Reindeer and Grunge Alphabet stamps
Tag 11-Sanded/Embossed Fragments, brayered distress ink background, Snowflakes, In Dreams and Scrollwork stamps
Tag 12-Masking a stamped image, clock and gears, Santa and Christmas Carols stamps

http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/1 ... as_2008_1/
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Re: Tim Tags 2008 Techniques and Stamps

Post by ChristyB »

What a wonderful reference tool.
thanks
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

fantastic reference. Thanks so much.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Nice & concise - thank you. I never did finish them all - too busy playing with DGD. (what a great time we had, too!) Maybe I'll finish them this winter.
Pam Cook #48
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Thanks so much for doing this. Last year I only made a couple of the tags (things I had) and the year before I didn't know he had a blog. LOL! I think I might go back (if I have extra time getting ready for Christmas) and try the older ones!
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

This is great! Thanks!
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

I probably have everything now that was needed last year and the first year! It all seemed so exotic back then! I still don't have quite all the colors of Distress Ink, and now there will be six NEW colors coming out in the spring! Along with Tim Holtz dies! Can't wait for those babies--I'm guessing that one of them will be the six-petaled flower for making the grungepaper roses.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I hadn't heard about the new inks! That's great news. I use the Distress Inks a lot and even have most of the refills. Once Tim started posting the instructions for the tags, I finally learned to use them. Of course, now I'll need a new something to store them all in - I'm sure they've got something up their sleeves...
Pam Cook #48
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

he mentioned that you can take the dividers out of his tins, and squeeze in more product.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Go figure! I'll have to give that a try.
Pam Cook #48
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Oh, it was 12 inks, not 6. I don't think taking the partitions out will help!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I think you're right!
Maybe I can find something cute and vintage at the flea market...hm...
Pam Cook #48
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

I don't know--it might be an excuse to buy a BASKET, maybe? Know some place where you could get one?