Free class - Expand Your Creativity with Tim Holtz

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Monica

Free class - Expand Your Creativity with Tim Holtz

Post by Monica »

If anyone is interested, go to scrapbook.com, create an account, and sign up for 7 days of Tim classes... no fee. No obligation to purchase anything, just sign up on their website. The classes start Feb 1st.

Lesson 1 - The Secret Powers of Distress Oxides and Distress Inks Revealed
Lesson 2 - Easy and Inspirational Tips and Tricks for Creating with Distress Crayons
Lesson 3 - Tim Holtz's Time Saving and Savvy Stamping Tips and Techniques
Lesson 4 - Best Tips and Tricks for How to Use Tools to Improve Your Crafting
Lesson 5 - Basic Cutting and Embossing Tips and Techniques with the Sizzix Tim Holtz Vagabond 2
Lesson 6 - Kick Your Die Cutting Up a (Mini) Notch with the Sizzix Alterations Sidekick!
Lesson 7 - Foundations of Distress Mixed Media and Tips for Infusing Your Own Style
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Re: Free class - Expand Your Creativity with Tim Holtz

Post by pbp908 »

I'm torn on this one. I have TH stuff I don't use as it is. This almost looks like a commercial for his new products, which I'm not interested in purchasing. Of course at this point in time I'm not spending ANY money. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Well, it's a free class, so even if you sign up and don't like it you aren't out money. And it usually only takes a few minutes for me to decide if a video is useful or not.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I signed up for it, although it does look like it might be a commercial for more Tim products. I do have a lot of them anyway though. I really want to see the tips with the die cutter. Would love to learn more techniques with it.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Face it, his classes & demo videos are always the #1 reason why I bought any of his products. While I don’t plan to buy anything new, it would be fun to get some ideas for using what I have. And it’s free.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks for posting this, Monica. There is always something to learn from Tim even if it is all about pushing new products, which is what it is all about after all! Is that enough 'alls'?
The first year I did the Tim tags at Christmas, I didn't have any of his products but I could still use what I had to make tags. Imagination always works!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

pamcook wrote:Face it, his classes & demo videos are always the #1 reason why I bought any of his products. While I don’t plan to buy anything new, it would be fun to get some ideas for using what I have. And it’s free.
Pretty much my thought. Although I have been getting the Oxides after getting hooked with the first couple I bought. :tomato: I've pretty much stopped the Ideaology and dies unless something really speaks to me though.
mpizzazz wrote:Thanks for posting this, Monica. There is always something to learn from Tim even if it is all about pushing new products, which is what it is all about after all! Is that enough 'alls'?
The first year I did the Tim tags at Christmas, I didn't have any of his products but I could still use what I had to make tags. Imagination always works!
You're welcome! Funny you should mention those tags, as I was working on some over December. I've given away some as gifts, some I never actually sat down to do a version of, and I have a lovely wall at work to display them during the holiday season so am slowly finishing off the sets.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Monica wrote:
pamcook wrote:Face it, his classes & demo videos are always the #1 reason why I bought any of his products. While I don’t plan to buy anything new, it would be fun to get some ideas for using what I have. And it’s free.
Pretty much my thought. Although I have been getting the Oxides after getting hooked with the first couple I bought. :tomato: I've pretty much stopped the Ideaology and dies unless something really speaks to me though.
mpizzazz wrote:Thanks for posting this, Monica. There is always something to learn from Tim even if it is all about pushing new products, which is what it is all about after all! Is that enough 'alls'?
You're welcome! Funny you should mention those tags, as I was working on some over December. I've given away some as gifts, some I never actually sat down to do a version of, and I have a lovely wall at work to display them during the holiday season so am slowly finishing off the sets.
I still love all those tags, I eventually did them all and always enjoy hanging them up.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I think I'll sign up just to see some ideas... while there are lots of new things mentioned in the supplies, I think I've got plenty of things I can substitute and get some more life out of...

I don't have any distress crayons... but maybe I'll pull out my watercolor crayons and gelatos and give them a try with his lessons, too
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I signed up seeing as it's a free class. I'm sure I already own a lot of the products he'll use, and if not I'll see what I have that can substitute. Like some, when he first started the 12 Tags series I had almost none of his products. But I haven't gone back and completed them all - something else on the To Do list!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Thanks...I’ll sign up too. I mean, what the heck! I watched several of the Creativation videos on him and I didn’t see anything that really moved me. That scary spray stuff might be fun but I can visualize getting it on the wrong stuff and it’s pretty permanent.

But I am always open to his innovative ideas and figure I’ll learn something. If nothing else I’ll learn I don’t want any of his new stuff...with the exception of his Oxides of course.

(Marianne, did I I use “stuff” enough? LOL)

One year I did all 12 days of Christmas tags. I still love them and they are one of my favorite tree decorations.

I think it could be fun with a number of us watching these lessons we could create a few challenges using what we already have not to mention some fun discussions each day after watching a lesson.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Farley, do you have any of the Goosebumps spray by Tsukineko? I think that's the name of it but I'm at work right now (shhh). I was thinking I'd try that and see what it looked like.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I bought a bottle of Goosebumps spray when I visited Marianne a few years ago; seems to me she did, too. I only ever tried it in an art journal to see what it looked like, but came across that page recently and thought 'oh yeah, this is neat.' Not sure I know where the bottle is right now though. :(
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I've signed up, too, and hope to get back to being messy with paper and not with my computer files. We should definitely post our experiments with whatever products we choose to use. And we should really do "a pinkie swear" that we will not buy anything new to use for the classes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I ruined my Goosebumps bottle by putting something it to make it shimmery.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:Farley, do you have any of the Goosebumps spray by Tsukineko? I think that's the name of it but I'm at work right now (shhh). I was thinking I'd try that and see what it looked like.

No I didn’t !!! But I bet I could find another way to get some texture if I want.

Looking forward to seeing what products are being promoted tomorrow.
FARLEY in Sacramento