Free class - Expand Your Creativity with Tim Holtz

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
fuzzylover

Re: Free class - Expand Your Creativity with Tim Holtz

Post by fuzzylover »

Thanks for the link and heads up. I watched Creativision but still would like to see if there are any new ways to use what I have. And I 'pinky swear" not to buy anything but the Oxides. I'm already making up my list of colors.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I watched the free Tim Holtz class yesterday; was anyone else as underwhelmed as I was with the videos? I'll admit I learned a thing or two about the properties of a couple of products - mostly because they're ones I don't have (Distress Crayons and Collage Medium), so I've never played with them. If one had never used TH products before nor ever seen him demo, it would be good information. But all it amounted to was a series of product demos. I kept hoping it was all going to come together at the end with a how-to on making a project. Oh, there was a beautiful assemblage piece in the final video - but all Tim did was show us how to glue on an embellishment. A class? I don't think so.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:I watched the free Tim Holtz class yesterday; was anyone else as underwhelmed as I was with the videos? I'll admit I learned a thing or two about the properties of a couple of products - mostly because they're ones I don't have (Distress Crayons and Collage Medium), so I've never played with them. If one had never used TH products before nor ever seen him demo, it would be good information. But all it amounted to was a series of product demos. I kept hoping it was all going to come together at the end with a how-to on making a project. Oh, there was a beautiful assemblage piece in the final video - but all Tim did was show us how to glue on an embellishment. A class? I don't think so.
Good to know. I had to stop watching and planned to finish them today. Won't bother.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I have been underwhelmed by almost everything he has done lately. His stamps are repeats of everything he already did and I don't care for the architectural look to them. I like the distress inks but that's the only thing "Tim Holtz" that I have purchased in the last 3 years.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

so.... only watch these if I get really bored? LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

nchoney wrote:so.... only watch these if I get really bored? LOL
Pretty much. It was really more like watching QVC or something. I was as underwhelmed as Keitha. Learned more from the Youtube vids posted from Creativation than this.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Monica wrote:
nchoney wrote:so.... only watch these if I get really bored? LOL
Pretty much. It was really more like watching QVC or something. I was as underwhelmed as Keitha. Learned more from the Youtube vids posted from Creativation than this.
I agree also. I've only watched the first one but think his demos at the trade shows are better.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

pbp908 wrote:I'm torn on this one. I have TH stuff I don't use as it is. This almost looks like a commercial for his new products, which I'm not interested in purchasing. Of course at this point in time I'm not spending ANY money. :lol:

There are times I wish I wasn't right.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com