CC102 day 2

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Monica

Re: CC102 day 2

Post by Monica »

Here's my take on the mixed media tag:

My top layer was done with Picket Fence thru the stencil, which I really like to look of. I wasn't really thrilled with the tag until I did that; it seems to finish it off nicely.

I have more samples done, but silly me forgot to take pictures!

Oh, and in case anyone was wanting to try the stencil thing with a Cuttlebug, I do have a sandwich for you that worked for me: Base plate, paper, stencil, 2 silicone mats (Spellbinders), and 2 B plates. I tried it with the C plate and one silicone mat but it didn't emboss. It does make for a thick sandwich, but the silicone has some give to it and it will go thru.... just be careful with it. ;) I learned the hard way to pay attention to which side of your paper is up, though.... if you follow my formula the paper needs to be right side up and touching the stencil. Otherwise, it embosses on the reverse and when using Kraft core that gives way too much raised area! I made lemonade from lemons, but lesson learned for next time!!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

cool
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

This is a beauty. I LOVE Picket Fence. Great for splashes of brightness.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I love seeing what you all are doing and hearing enough hints about the techniques to want to do it. I'm tempted to sign up now but we hit the road in New Zealand in a few days so I will do it when I come home. In the meantime, I will keep watching what you all do and wondering how to do it.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Turned out fantastic, Monica! love that picket fence; you're right, it really set it off.
nancine

Post by nancine »

LOVE it Monica, that picket fence is a great POP :clap: