tags with gel medium & tissue paper

Show us what you've got!
ChristyB

tags with gel medium & tissue paper

Post by ChristyB »

MarianneinMD sent me a tag that was just a piece of cardboard cut from a tissue box, layer(or 2) of tissue paper applied with gel medium & stamped on. The tissue paper mutes the background and just allows a tiny bit of color to show.
These tags were made with tissue boxes & cereal boxes (I wanted to try a brighter color), gel Medium (gloss) and stamped with Staz-on
jfugina

Re: tags with gel medium & tissue paper

Post by jfugina »

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

I got a ton of tags from Kelli - I'm so going to start CASEing your work when I get back in my crafting groove.

TFS!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

jfugina wrote:Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

I got a ton of tags from Kelli - I'm so going to start CASEing your work when I get back in my crafting groove.

TFS!
Thanks Julie. I did these after a little slump myself. Super easy but when done I was so satisfied. Felt like I had actually accomplished alot.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Way cool! Very Vintagy (is that a word?)
ESIDER

Post by ESIDER »

Those tags are awesome! Every time I see that evergreen Christmas looking stamp I kick myself for not buying one when they were re-issued them for 5 minutes earlier this year! Errrrr...
Holly

Post by Holly »

I used tissue paper and gel medium on my tic tac toe puzzle piece for botanicals.
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

Those tags are GORGEOUS, Christy!! TFS! I'm going to have to try that!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

These are so very cool! I really am beginning to enjoy doing tags.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Christy, they look really nice! I am so flattered!
I only used one layer of tissue paper on the one I sent you. It had a pattern of lace on it which became almost translucent after the gell medium was applied. And that tissue box cardboard I used was fairly bright so it really does mute it way down.

Anyone else want tissue box cardboard in various patterns, let me know. I can't get my Mom to stop cutting them up now. She goes through tissues like we go through adhesive or we should! But it gives her something to do. By the way, she didn't like that tag that I sent you, Christy, because you couldn't see the pattern. I tell you what, us artists have to put up with a lot :roll: :roll:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I have it sitting next to my computer. I love it. I didn't have any patterned tissue paper and when I put the first layer of plain down it was way to see through. I just wanted a tiny bit of color.
Btw--captain crunch--to bright no matter how many layers
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Those are fantastic tags! What a wonderful way to recycle and reuse!!!!!