Travel Journals

mpizzazz

Travel Journals

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm finally finishing up a few travel journals. The first is a small bound book, Australia 2015, made of plain paper since the plan was writing and drawing on each spread. It was around the time I did Paivi Eerola's Inspired Drawing class. I wasn't inspired for long! So I did a few drawings and also added a few photo collages.
2015 OZ Journal.jpg
2015 OZ Journal.jpg (193.06 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Meeting and Farley and Bob at their favorite winery. Of course, there were birds, too.
Heritage Oak Winery web.jpg
Heritage Oak Winery web.jpg (211.45 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Later I did a scribbly drawing a la Paivi for the Great Ocean Road in Victoria.
Great Ocean Road web.jpg
Great Ocean Road web.jpg (225.01 KiB) Viewed 644 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Re: Travel Journals

Post by mpizzazz »

Next up, my England journal from 2017. I was going to use one of the Basic Grey binders that come with the page protectors and divider pages. But it wouldn't have been big enough so I kept the pages loose and bound them when I came home.

Outside cover and inside with all the dividers for the weeks. The ribbon binding is good for loose pages.
2017 England copy.jpg
2017 England copy.jpg (147.87 KiB) Viewed 643 times
Random selection of pages with all the ephemera (junk) I put in the journals.
Malvern web.jpg
Malvern web.jpg (188.37 KiB) Viewed 643 times
Cider Mill web.jpg
Cider Mill web.jpg (254.03 KiB) Viewed 643 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

A few more pages from England 2017.

First full page of our train travels from Heathrow to meet our house exchange family.
Trains to Evesham web.jpg
Trains to Evesham web.jpg (194.78 KiB) Viewed 642 times
A few photos from a wonderful place to visit-Stokesay
Stokesay web.jpg
Stokesay web.jpg (237.59 KiB) Viewed 642 times
Our visit to Portmeiron in Wales where those of you old enough will know The Prisoner was filmed. It's a fantastic place.
Portmeiron web.jpg
Portmeiron web.jpg (249.75 KiB) Viewed 642 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Your journals are wonderful. I love your drawings and all the ephemera (junk).
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

OMGosh Marianne! Your art is outstanding. I particularly loved your cliffs of the Great Ocean Road. And the way you’ve collected your “junk” is wonderful. (Also love that photo of us:)
FARLEY in Sacramento
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Absolutely love these.
I am obsessed with travel journals.
They are one of my most favorite things to make, work on while traveling and continue to flip through when I am back home.

Yours are awesome.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Love the drawings you did. Great journal
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I love these! Travel journals are definitely on my list of things to try someday. I'm finding I take far fewer photos, and I'd prefer to have more ephemera and journaling, and this is a lovely way to do exactly that. Great job!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Fabulous, Marianne! Is your drawing Along the Great Ocean Road done in pencil crayons? I can't quite read the journaling - do you know what kind of feathers those are from Stokesay? I also want to know about the clock tower on the Stokesay page; is that an image transfer? Is that a coptic binding on the Aussie journal? You knew I'd have questions, right?
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Fantastic job on those Marianne. I enjoyed doing the journals that I did and you have inspired me to make more. I just need to convince you know who that we need to travel again.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

troublesmom wrote:Fantastic job on those Marianne. I enjoyed doing the journals that I did and you have inspired me to make more. I just need to convince you know who that we need to travel again.
Cheryl, don't let "you know who" stop you. You aren't joined at the hip. He can stay home if he isn't interested in wherever you want to go. It would be good for you both to have a break from each other, ask me how I know! ;) There are lots of wonderful tours and small groups of like minded people who are going wherever you want to go.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have seriously thought about it. One of our new neighbors has the same problem with her spouse. Maybe next year , after allowing more time to get settled in I might just do that.
mpizzazz wrote:
troublesmom wrote:Fantastic job on those Marianne. I enjoyed doing the journals that I did and you have inspired me to make more. I just need to convince you know who that we need to travel again.
Cheryl, don't let "you know who" stop you. You aren't joined at the hip. He can stay home if he isn't interested in wherever you want to go. It would be good for you both to have a break from each other, ask me how I know! ;) There are lots of wonderful tours and small groups of like minded people who are going wherever you want to go.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

i take lots of trips without Tom
He goes fishing and I go scrap booking.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
myskerry77

Post by myskerry77 »

Hey, Marianne, you brought forth a wonderful memory, I have been to Portmeiron. Quaint place, wonderful photo. I always remember it as the background area where Roger Moore filmed his TV series and for the love of me, I can’t remember the name of it. Can still see him down at the water getting into his small sports car. Course I loved all the wonderful China. I now have a teapot plus some smaller pieces.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

myskerry77 wrote:Hey, Marianne, you brought forth a wonderful memory, I have been to Portmeiron. Quaint place, wonderful photo. I always remember it as the background area where Roger Moore filmed his TV series and for the love of me, I can’t remember the name of it. Can still see him down at the water getting into his small sports car. Course I loved all the wonderful China. I now have a teapot plus some smaller pieces.
The Prisoner was the show and the star was Patrick McGoohan-1967 and 1968. Yikes, that was 50 years ago! You can see some of the episodes on youtube.

I couldn't go anywhere near the China shops, no shopping for us!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels