Where has she been, you ask?

azemigh

Where has she been, you ask?

Post by azemigh »

As you know, I've been a vendor at a booth in the Reedsport Farmer's Market this summer and it's been going great, but keeping me extremely busy A good thing though as that means I'm in my art room A LOT! We're gearing up for the big eclipse coming and boy do we have the fever here on the Oregon coast. Reedsport will be at about 96% totality. Suncatchers are the big thing right now, I do plain wire, pounded wire and wire wrapped driftwood. Here are the ones I have for this coming Friday. First is a depiction of the eclipse in gold and black wire, next is a cloud with rainbow dangles, and third is a green dragonfly.
Attachments
EclipseSuncatcher1.jpg
EclipseSuncatcher1.jpg (76.13 KiB) Viewed 571 times
CloudRainbow.jpg
CloudRainbow.jpg (54.47 KiB) Viewed 571 times
Dragonfly.jpg
Dragonfly.jpg (65.02 KiB) Viewed 571 times
azemigh

Re: Where has she been, you ask?

Post by azemigh »

Next up is a driftwood interpretation of the eclipse, a blue peacock and pink flamingo.
Attachments
EclipseSuncatcher2.jpg
EclipseSuncatcher2.jpg (60.45 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Peacock.jpg
Peacock.jpg (51.95 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Flamingo.jpg
Flamingo.jpg (54.05 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Beautiful pieces of art!! You have been busy.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

And now a green sea turtle, red dragon and a triple sculpture on driftwood--a blue octopus peeking out from the bottom, a spider web at the top and a starfish (you can't see) around the back.
Attachments
Turtle.jpg
Turtle.jpg (49.8 KiB) Viewed 568 times
RedDragon.jpg
RedDragon.jpg (77.5 KiB) Viewed 568 times
TripleOctopus.jpg
TripleOctopus.jpg (56.94 KiB) Viewed 568 times
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Last but not least for the wire sculptures is a hollow piece of driftwood with 3 bear cubs peeking out. I made this for one of my friends for her birthday and gave it to her yesterday, so safe to put up a picture now. She has over 200 bear figures in her collection. The gold beads wrapping around have little bee charms interspersed.
Attachments
JanelleBear1.jpg
JanelleBear1.jpg (59.67 KiB) Viewed 568 times
JanelleBear2.jpg
JanelleBear2.jpg (65.03 KiB) Viewed 568 times
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Another hot seller at the market are cards. I've made a couple of eclipse designs and they are selling out every week. One is a crab and the other with sailboats. I'm also doing jewelry, but need to get some better pics. I'll post my eclipse earrings later this week end.
Attachments
EclipseSailboatCards.jpg
EclipseSailboatCards.jpg (110.4 KiB) Viewed 567 times
EclipseCrabCards.jpg
EclipseCrabCards.jpg (116.57 KiB) Viewed 567 times
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Oh WOW! Rachelle! No wonder we haven't seen much of you for a while. Your art pieces are amazing!
It seems a long time since we met with friends to see the eclipse in 1999, not total here in northern England, but still quite an experience. Hope the clouds keep away for you.
Kathryn.
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

WOW. You certainly HAVE been busy. Everything is beautiful and it sounds like you're having a lot of fun doing it.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They're all wonderfully creative! I love how fanciful and colorful each piece is. I'm so happy you're busy and successful!
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

You have really really been busy! What great works of art.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Rachelle you are amazing! Not only is your craftswomanship excellent but you do it so creatively. I hope you are enjoying this process. Being in the craft mode is wonderful but I know it's a lot different when you're trying to produce enough product to make this worthwhile.

I hope someone has taken photos of you in your booth too.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, Rachelle, I never even thought of special eclipse art. I'm glad it is going so well at the market and you are having fun with it.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Just Wow - fabulous ideas and stunning execution! I'm so glad you're sharing photos with us.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

More WOW from me too! The wire work is fantastic, and the eclipse cards are brilliant! Our area is in the path of totality. My back yard will have a bit over a minute of totality. Both my kids' schools are taking the kids outside for the event, and both schools have about 1:15 of totality. Rob and I are taking the day off work, because WashU is just outside of totality. It's going to be a big deal around here too.

If anyone wants to see the full eclipse (but are outside of the path), I can ready the guest room for you. We have a whole package of glasses. :D
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Thanks everyone. We will be headed to our son's in Corvallis for the big event. Corvallis is in the path of totality for about 2:30. We've got our glasses and the filter for the camera, so hoping to get some good pics. I'm more interested in a picture of everyone with those glasses on. :lol: