Index Card A Day

Keitha

Re: Index Card A Day

Post by Keitha »

I'm out of words to describe how wonderfully you're both interpreting this challenge.
Kathryn I recognize those fairy stamps; not that I own any, but they advertise every month in Craft Stamper and I've often wished I could get them locally. Some day I'll place an online order.
Marianne, I don't see Canada in your night sky satellite image. If that means we're contributing less light pollution to the universe, then good on us. One of my favourite satellite images was taken during the blackout on the eastern seaboard back in August 2003; it looks like a big bite was taken out of North America.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Keitha, you hardly have any except around Toronto and Ottawa and that runs in with the US areas. Making the map that small, you only see some faint glows like Alaska up in the top left. Vancouver is in that brighter area below it. Be glad you don't look like we do. You can get out of the cities and see stars.

http://darksitefinder.com/maps/world.html

By the way, that map is 10 years old. I couldn't find anything more recent until after I did the card.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

The next three cards.
1. Sepia. Distress inks and butterfly stamps.
2. Greetings from.....Whitby of course! Cut from pages of the "Whitby Advertiser".
3. Ghost. "The moon was a ghostly galleon, tossed upon cloudy seas" , from the poem The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes.
Kathryn.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (103.22 KiB) Viewed 249 times
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

The last five! YAY!
1. Spring. Some rub-on daffodils that I've had for years. I was surprised they still worked!
2. Summer. Colour-blocking and seaside stamps.
3. Autumn. Marker pens and coloured pencils.
4. Winter. Crumpled cardstock with embossing powder resist, and a die-cut snowflake.
5. Sunset. Distress inks and die-cut silhouette.
Thanks to Marianne, Keitha and all friends who kept me going. I have not taken part in a challenge like this before, and the last two months have been a lot of fun!
Kathryn.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (113.16 KiB) Viewed 241 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Such wonderful creativity. I stumbled onto a group of digi gals doing this also. Interesting concept.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Lots of interesting backgrounds there! I especially like the Winter one. Well done finishing them all!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They're so pretty. So glad I don't have to choose a favorite.
Congratulations to Kathryn & Marianne for taking on this challenge. I've really enjoyed seeing all of them.
Pam Cook #48