My housing story...picture added

pat-czap

My housing story...picture added

Post by pat-czap »

Our new house, waiting for us since August. There is grass now, but no plantings. We have a lot of work to do! Our last day here in Indiana is November 11th!
rsz_05cb6670d3aced4fdf58890e07c187d4l-m0xd-w640_h480_q80.jpg
rsz_05cb6670d3aced4fdf58890e07c187d4l-m0xd-w640_h480_q80.jpg (94.13 KiB) Viewed 394 times
Not wanting to muddy up Cheryl's thread...

We listed our house the 29th of August.
Got a low ball offer on September 2nd.
Got another low ball offer late in September.
Someone that came through the house mid September, asked to be notified if we got an offer, so we did, and then they submitted a great offer.
2nd low ball offer responded by upping their offer 3K.
Great offer won out. :cool5:
We should close on this house 11/15 and the Ohio house 11/16. The Ohio house has been under contract since just before we listed our Indiana house, as homes in Findlay, Ohio were selling QUICKLY. We asked for an extended close date of November 30th on that home, and the builder accepted.
Everything is working out well.
House #10 is coming to a close.
This will be 9th move from state to state. Sometimes people think we are a Military family, go figure. I just think it's been one :censor: crazy life that I never would have imagined.
House #11 is waiting for us.
If there is another move in my future, heaven forbid, make it to a tropical island where I can sip drinks by the waters edge...or something like that. lol

If you made it to the end of my story, thanks for hanging in there!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Re: My housing story

Post by pbp908 »

Congratulations on the sale AND the purchase! Hopefully this will be the last move.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Whew!! I really hope you hired movers for all this. I would be exhausted!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh gosh Pat, I hope this is THE ONE...with the possible exception of somewhere tropical well equipped with umbrella drinks and lounge chairs on the beach. Really, I wish for you and your husband a smooth moving experience and great success in your new home. Wonderful to hear that sales are going in your favor with both houses.

:happy94:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Thanks ladies. I guess you could say this ain't our first rodeo! We are quite good at the whole moving process.

I have to say this time is hard, and I feel as though I have a neurotic condition from too many moves. It really creeps up to bite you in the you know what, and I've been a wacko weirdo...until this past Monday when I decided to buck up and deal with it better. Trying not to be a victim.
Debbie J wrote:Whew!! I really hope you hired movers for all this. I would be exhausted!
The first time we moved it was local, and we did it with lots of help.

All the other times were state to state, with a moving company who packed, shipped and delivered... paid by all the different companies Greg has been with.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I simply cannot imagine. I get too emotionally attached to my home. I couldn't do it.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm so glad that things are working out in your favor, Pat. I can't imagine doing that so often but I guess you have to get used to it and learn not to get too attached to the houses. It's who is in the house that counts.
Good Luck! and, of course, we will want pics!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pat that is wonderful news for you! I sure hope that things go well for us. The last house in here sold in 66 days and I don't think that is too bad. I have a feeling we will get a low ball offer also but we have a set figure we will accept. I have already started packing up a fair amount and the garage is totally full of yard sale stuff. We were supposed to have it last weekend but................
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Yay!! Super good news....
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

great news Pat! :cool5:
If and when I move I'll ask for your advice!
We've been in this house 27 years so I think packing up would be a real pain!
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I truly envy those who have longevity and history in their home....roots.

I also have seen and experienced a great deal that I never would have, if we never left Michigan.

Thank goodness for family!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Do you anticipate staying there for a while? I hope you are able to get some roots.
pat-czap wrote:I truly envy those who have longevity and history in their home....roots.

I also have seen and experienced a great deal that I never would have, if we never left Michigan.

Thank goodness for family!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Cheryl, funny you should ask about staying in Findlay,. My DH suggested a 10 year ARM, I think it's
called, or balloon, where you have to pay off or refinance at the end of 10 years. Knowing our history I said okay, with the knowledge that does not mean we have to move :? It would be nice to say, this is it. I know my sisters and dad think I should have put my foot down eons ago.

Findlay was ranked highly as a micro-community...smaller city I guess. Lots of manufacturing and corporate headquarters. That's why houses were flying off the market, tons of people coming into area where there is not a lot of inventory. Lots of new houses going up throughout the city. Findlay has a university as well, so it's a small college town. Bit of a change from living near Purdue.

We will be closer to "home, Michigan ", for the first time since 1990...but so much has changed within the family. So many members have passed.

We have our oldest son and grandsons in St. Paul, MN, our middle son in Las Vegas and the youngest son will stay in Lafayette, Indiana.

I guess that is normal now a days, family spread out all over.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Family does tend to spread out nowadays for sure. We have kids & grands in three different states and none will be living in the state we are moving to. You can't move for your children though.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Pat,

I am glad things are going well for you. I hope you enjoy Ohio. And you are closer to the NC ReCreate! You can come down to West Virginia and drive with me if you want.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO