TH burlap clipboard project

Monica

TH burlap clipboard project

Post by Monica »

Was at Michael's the other day and discovered that several of the Timmy kits they carry were on clearance, so I picked up one I'd been eyeing. On my table at home is a stack of photos from my girlfriend's visit in December, and I decided to use the selfie of her and I for this. She's into steampunk, so I ended up using embellishments from the Timmy, etc. drawer rather than what came with it. The light fixture in the bottom left is Finnabair Prima, as is the outlet plate on the upper right. The smallest gears are from a craft store, and the rest is Timmy.

The letters on top are our names... mine in purple for my fave color, and ditto for hers in red. I did the ampersand in copper, but it didn't photograph as well.For those who are scifi nerds, we're both wearing Stargate Atlantis necklaces and she'd got a Weeping Angel shirt on. ;) Oh, and that's my craft room behind us!

No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Re: TH burlap clipboard project

Post by mpizzazz »

Cute! Love the photo, you both look like you are having so much fun!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I love that photo too! She wants to come back by herself and spend a week or so, just hanging out and having fun. I told her soon is good. ;)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm still trying to figure out the weeping angels. I missed something somewhere so that gives me a good excuse to have a Dr. marathon.

Is it true that there's going to be another Dr. soon??? And have you seen The Gentleman Crafter's telephone booth on G45? He's working on the tutorial for it - when I saw it I thought "There's Monica a Tardis!"
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

pbp908 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out the weeping angels. I missed something somewhere so that gives me a good excuse to have a Dr. marathon.

Is it true that there's going to be another Dr. soon??? And have you seen The Gentleman Crafter's telephone booth on G45? He's working on the tutorial for it - when I saw it I thought "There's Monica a Tardis!"
There's been a new Doctor for a season and a half now. Weeping angels started with 10... Tennant's Doctor. Episode called Blink. And we're now on the 12th Doctor.

I'll have to go check out that phone booth. I sense a TARDIS in the making!
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Nice project Monica. You two look like sisters. :)
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

What a nice project.
It turned out great and that photo is perfect
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Yes, I'm watching the "new" Doctor. But I'm hearing rumors that he's going to leave and a new Dr. come in. I'll go back a few seasons to catch up on the angels.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Love your canvas! I agree with Pat, you do look like sisters, and not because of the matching necklaces. Isn't it great to have a friend like that who gets you? Me? I haven't a clue what you're talking about with doctors and weeping angels, LOL. Although I do get the Timmy's passion - and Finnabair's bits complement perfectly.
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

what a great project to have to bolster
your memories of your friend's visit
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great project and she looks so much like you!

We saw a bumper sticker "My other vehicle is a Tardis". Joel said, "That makes no sense. What is a Tardis anyway." I said, "From Dr. Who?" And then the conversation started sounding like "Who's On First?" That's as much as I know about Dr. Who anyway.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

:lol: It's hard to explain to someone who's not into the show... although by attempting it I did manage to get my niece, BIL and sister into it!
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Great project!
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Dr. Who....? I remember the very first episode with William Hartnell as the Doctor. I think it was called " An Unnatural Child ".
Kathryn.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I happen to be with Keitha. I know nothing at all about doctors or the weeping angels.

Love your project and that is all that matters ;o)
Keitha wrote:Love your canvas! I agree with Pat, you do look like sisters, and not because of the matching necklaces. Isn't it great to have a friend like that who gets you? Me? I haven't a clue what you're talking about with doctors and weeping angels, LOL. Although I do get the Timmy's passion - and Finnabair's bits complement perfectly.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO